Epilogue

The royalty stayed in New York for only a month, but Afef felt like they've stayed there for years.

After all the troubles and controversies that occurred, he sorely missed home. However, he couldn't tell if his masters share the same sentiment.

Prince Lamook went back to Harmin first in order to settle the issues behind Princess Sora's arrest, and knowing the prince's temperament, he might also drop some decisions that will challenge the kingdom's delicate image, and the butler couldn't blame him. He was shackled by traditions enough to blind him from his priorities, leading his wife to commit crimes.

He examined all the luggages in the plane's cabin for the last time, then descended to see Princess Petun and Kyrios talking with Eve at the tarmac.

He saw peace in the Princess' expression, and even though he cringed on the idea of her relationship with Kyrios, he was happy for her. Besides, he could vouch for the man's capabilities to protect her.

It just saddens him that both siblings have to address the trials that might strip them fron their royalty statuses, and none of them cares about it.

As for his employment, he was informed by the King that his term will be extended, but under a different household.

The butler eyed Eve when she got flustered with Petun's bow. The Lieutenant was already glowing when he first saw her in the Skyline's lobby, and more after she realized the life forming inside her. She might've not remembered it, but they knew each other before, in their previous life.

If only their encounters happened before her childhood got corrupted...

"You should've joined them." an Irish voice said from behind.

"I don't want to spoil their moment." he sneered. "Since this might be the royal Highness' last opportunity the be with the Lieutenant. She's her inspiration, her idol and considered her as a motivator on these ordeals."

Roarke raised a brow on Afef's tone. "I don't mean to offend you, but I need to be refreshed on the things I've done that earned your displeasure."

"Past is past. Apology will do us no good."

"And I don't want to be left in the dark."

Afef sighed with resignation. He knew that he was getting ridiculous. "Do you believe in life after death?"

Roarke was mildly surprised. Being born in a Celtic culture with encounters to some supernatural incidents, even before and after he met Eve, he became an open-minded person.

"Enlighten me."

Afef ogled him for a minute, then looked away. "You stole our Protector, and never returned her. I thought you'll never find her this time. I was wrong. "

"And that irked you?"

The butler was silent, so Roarke took it as a yes.

"She's still a Protector, you know, and will always be." the billionaire supplied, then grinned when the topic of their discussion was walking towards them. "It's part of her identity."

"You looked amused, Hotshot." Eve inserted which widens his smile.

"We're reminiscing the past."

"Oh. Okay." she replied, then focused at Afef. "Everthing's set?"

"Yes, Lieutenant. We're good to go." he answered glumly. "I never thought everything will ended up this way."

"Without your help, Armir Howe and Mathilde Kentwood's death will not be justified."