Chapter 28

As Eve and Roarke arrived at Central, reporters were already waiting there like hounds. Roarke was trying to shield her but it seems like she managed to pass them all by herself.

"Princess Sora was booked at room A.", Peabody said as she met them at the glide. "Levinski was at B, currently grilled by Baxter and Trueheart. They just started him five minutes ago."

"Hmm. I'll wager ours will spill everything first before they can get theirs."

"You think that midget will play catch-ball after he humiliate himself in front of live TV?"

Eve snickered, "His brain might be as small as a flea, but his numb skull is thicker than a brick. He plays politics. He'll lawyer first, and if Baxter will let him play his tune, he'll just end up tripping himself. He tends to blabber too much, especially if his pride was highlighted. That way we can book him Accessory to Murder mixed with plunder and drug-trafficking."

"Without using Nadine's recordings?"

"Without using Nadine's recordings.", she affirmed, trying not to twitch. "If things won't work according to our plan, that is."

Peabody was about to say something, but the commotion in the bullpen caught their attention.

"This is a conspiracy against the monarchy of Harmin!", Prince Lamook announced as he walked towards them. "I need a valid explanation about this, Lieutenant. You must release my wife or else I will file a complaint against you! And I'm also directing to you, Roarke. You made a worst decision for marrying a ludicrous and unsuitable woman!"

"I'll consider that you're still perturbed with the turn of events, Lamook.", Roarke said coolly, "But I will not tolerate any insults towards my wife. Another word against the Lieutenant, I'll expunge you."

"Easy there, pal.". Eve said when she sensed danger. "Prince Lamook may stay in the Observation while I ask his wife some questions about what happened a while ago. I believe he was also one of many who witnessed how his wife attempted to kill his sister."

"That was an entrapment! A bait you laid against Sora!"

"And you're aware about it.", she reasoned. "Have you ever thought of giving her an itsy-bitsy hint about me as Princess Petun's decoy? Or if you did, have you ever imagined what she'll do afterwards?"

He was about to reply but Eve cut him, "How well do you know all of your wives, Prince Lamook? Princess Sora was just one of your many, if we include your concubines as well, and yet you're doing an effort to save her. Is it because of the scandal? Or because of something else?"

"Wha-what to you mean?"

"I will ask you again - how well do you know all of your wives? Out of them, who do you favoured most?"

"I treat them fairly well."

"That didn't answer my question, your Highness.", she scoffed. "If my husband would tell me the same thing he used to tell with his bimbos, I'll castrate him using a blunt scissor, and then throw his dick as a food for dogs."

"Darling, no wonder I adore you.", Roarke said.

She noticed Whitney was walking towards them, with Afef and two of Petun's royal guards following behind.

"Commander."

"Lieutenant.", Whitney acknowledged, and then looked at Lamook. "I know that the turn of events was quite aggravating, but as Lieutenant's direct superior, I will take full responsibility if the whole NYPSD and my department failed to fix this case."

"Let the police serve their justice in this matter, your Highness.", Afef said as he tugged his arm calmly.

Lamook balled his fists and marched towards the Observation area where Sora was temporarily detained. Afef slightly bowed, and left.