Chapter 15

After being abused by Trina's hands, which happened to be cheered by the Princess' attendants, fuelled by Peabody by passing the message to Afef, Eve's at her wits end.

She admit her skin softened, and even though she's using a long extension, her hair felt like natural. Wearing loose, satin dresses was like wearing pjs, so she finds it acceptable. Not only that, she'll be wearing flats so it's convenient if there would be some chase-down incidents.

Roarke felt worst.

He's always supporting Eve in all of her case, and with her current op, he's glad to be his Expert, Civilian Consultant for EDD affairs. He understood, really understood, but this time he's starting to doubt himself if he's a martyr for love.

For days Eve will going to act as Princess Petun - that includes living outside their house, sleeping outside their bed, and staying away from him.

When she arrived home, she gave him a surprise treat, and had seduced him in a unique level that ended up making love for hours. She seems to be happy, and when he asked her about her day and the request he made, she only said she's fine. After another passionate moment, she dropped the bomb.

"The Lieutenant is in the Princess' suite.", Afef said. The butler was with him the whole time, observing his actions and movements as he double-checked the surveillance cameras around the building for the last time.

"I see.", he replied.

He knew the location but he's allowing himself to be led by this butler who was wearing a discern look.

"Did I do something that rubbed you off?", Roarke asked.

"You're just imagining things.", he scoffed, then paused on the hallway. "Here we are now. I reckon both of you wanted to have some privacy, so I'll just stay downstairs. You can ring the intercom if you wanted some assistance."

If Summerset was acting like this towards Eve, then it's no wonder why she was pissed with him.

When Roarke opened the large door, he saw Eve in a Harmin traditional dress, with a satin material clung on her slim body like a lover's hungry hands. Her long hair was waved gracefully on her framed face, and when her large, doll-like eyes looked at him with surprise glee, his heart skipped a beat, like a stab in the heart. He's in love with this woman ridiculously it hurts.

"Hi." Eve greeted.

"Darling, you look...very delicious."

"Hold your reins Pal. You've got 20 minutes left until the op starts and all the corners of this hotel are wired. All the guests and the media will be here afterwards."

"So why don't we provide them some short entertainment for 20 minutes?", he teased as he deepened his kiss.

It took her courage to break the contact. "Cut it out, Ace. You got your share last night, and you'll he having lots after this for three weeks."

"That's so unromantic, Darling.", he sighed.

Their anniversary was just days away, and Eve had filed her leave in advance for three weeks, which was very unlikely for her. She's not well for the last couple of days, but last night there's something different.

"Are you keeping something from me, Eve?"

"Hmm.", she hummed, evading his questioning stares. She moved towards the corner table and retrieved a small box. "I want you to keep something for me."

Roarke opened the lid and saw the diamond tear necklace, St. Jude's medal, her badge and her band ring. These were all Eve's symbols, he thought, items that physically resembled her character.