Marcus

Adrianna

"Josh." I said. I was in complete shock. Josh had gone out of his way to celebrate my birthday. Even if he was five months late.

"Blow out your candles." Josh said, getting closer to me. I leaned down, closed my eyes, and made wish. I hope this dream never ends. I blew out my candles.

"What did you wish for?" Josh asked.

"I'm not telling you. Then it won't come true." I said.

"Fair enough." Josh said. "Do you want cake or food?"

"Food." I said. Josh put the cake down and I hugged him. " Thank you."

"Everyone deserves a day to celebrate their birthday." Josh said.

"It's not that." I said. "You know what I do, and yet, here you are, celebrating my birthday."

"That's not you. That's your father. Your father just chose to use you. I know that's not who you are. And that's all that matters." Josh said. I kissed him, completely blown away by his words. Josh is the only one who knows what I do and still be able to find the good inside me. I kissed him harder, showing him how much I appreciate how much he's done for me. Josh groaned, holding me tighter.

Some kissy kissy here. Nothing too serious, but if you don't like that kind of stuff, stop reading here. There is more to this chapter so keep scrolling until you see the bold!

Josh slipped his tongue past my mouth and I let out a groan of approval. Our tongues tangled together, and I loved it. I knew that I was running out of oxygen, but I didn't want this kiss to end. Josh knew that I was running of air, so he moved to my neck. "Josh." I moaned. He kissed a trail down my neck, leaving me wanting more. I slipped my hands beneath his shirt, feeling his muscles. I trailed my hands up his abs, which clenched when they came in contact with my cold hands.

"You're killing me." Josh said, moving back to my mouth. I moved my hands to his back, feeling his muscles. Josh gripped my hips harder, and I whimpered from the pain and pleasure. Suddenly, Josh pulled away. I understood. We didn't want to get so intimate that quickly. Josh opened his mouth to explain, but I stopped him.

"I understand." I said softly and Josh smiled.

Okay it's over

Two weeks later

Block. Hit. Block. Kick. Block again. Training with my father was nothing new. My father was the one who taught me how to fight. He was always brutal when he trained and made sure that anyone I trained with was also brutal. My father always managed to stay fit and I've never been able to beat him whenever we sparred. If I could, I would already be gone. My father had always been able beat me, no matter how hard I tried. I tried a jab punch, but he caught my hand and threw me into the wall, which was only a foot away. I collapsed on the floor, wincing from the pain on my back and my head.

"If you were on a mission, you would've already been dead." My father said.

"Good thing I'm not on a mission." I said, instantly regretting my words. My father kicked my stomach.

"Don't sass me." My father growled. "You have an assignment tonight."

"Who's the target?" I asked.

"It's not that kind of mission." My father said. "There's some trouble going on with one of my groups in New York. I need you to meet up with one of my members tonight to figure out a strategy to take care of the trouble."