The Beggining of the End

Adrianna

Day's until attack: one

"Hailey" I said rudely. I haven't seen this girl in three weeks, she's always making excuses to not show up for practice. I finally found her at the park. I was going out for a jog when I saw Hailey on one of the benches, enjoying a good book in the March air.

"Adrianna." Hailey said, her voice sounding afraid.

"I need to talk you." I said, my voice not changing.

"Yeah, sure." Hailey was starting to sound apprehensive.

"I know about the drugs. I know about your debt. I already paid it, but I'm going to need something from you." I said, cutting right to the chase.

"How do you know about that?!" Hailey said, her face bewildered.

"A little birdie told me." I said vaugley.

"And you paid for my debt?"

"Yes, but I need you to do something for me." I said, becoming irritated.

"Anything." Hailey said, grateful that I had taken off a huge weight on her shoulders.

"No more drugs. No more skipping practice. And, after the movie, you go to rehab." I said as I crossed my arms.

"No Adrianna-"

"If you don't, I'll tell the tabloids, and the director about your little addiction." I threatened, cutting of Hailey's protests.

"You wouldn't." Hailey breathed.

"Oh yes, I would. That's my deal, take it or leave it." I said, pushing Hailey to make a decision.

After a moment of silence, Hailey spoke.

"Alright. I agree to your terms. No more drugs." Hailey said, her voice sounding defeated.

"If I see you even touch a joint, I'll tell everyone. Understood?" I said, making it clear that I wasn't messing around.

"Yes."

"I'll see you." I walked away, heading back to the house Chris had put me in three weeks ago. I intended to spend the rest of the day with Josh.

Once I got back to the house, I quickly took a shower and changed into jeans, a black T-shirt, and flannel. By the time I was finished changing Josh had arrived.

I went downstairs when I heard Josh knock at the door. I opened the door to reveal Josh. As usual, he looked amazing in his usual T-shirt and jeans.

"Hi." Josh breathed, his gaze burning into mine.

"Hey," I said with a smile. Josh leaned in a gave me a quick Peck before coming inside. We made our way to the couch and sat down, enjoying each other's company.

Over the past three weeks, my feelings for Josh had progressed so much. I had learned so much about him and who he is. Each day that passes is another day that I learn something new about Josh. Like that Josh loves action movies but he hated horror. He thought that it was crazy watching movies that scare you half to death. I told him that was the fun part. Each day, I fall more and more for this man. Even though we've been together for a short amount of time, he knows me better than anyone. He knows my flaws, my secrets, everything. Josh had shown me the good in life and for that I'll always be grateful. He had broken down my walls and showed me how to live again. Josh accepted me for who I am, not for who my father is or what I've done, but who I truly am on the inside. I'm in love with Josh.