Time To Step Up - Chapter Six

Time To Step Up

~****************~

Chapter Six

~****************~

I couldn't sleep last night, ever since I got here strange things have happened. I'm missing my crew even more. So much. I want to go home. But, I want to stay here, because of Robert and Amelia. Even, I keep pondering Danny's and Amelia's warnings, plus what Amelia had told me but that's the past, I told her so, and not to be afraid. I must be an idiot for being obssessed with Danny's voice when I was in danger. I need to get a grip and stop thinking about Danny.

Amelia rode her her bike today but she told me Danny and his gang pushed her over and her bike broke. Her eye is grazed a little. When we walked past him and his gang of bad boys by their motorbikes, one guy thought it'll be funny to cough 'freak', Danny laughed among his friends.

That's it, I'm going to go over there and show them the real 'Olivia Stacey-Alice Wilde'.

Go on, do it, my anger told me, 'It's time to step up'.

"Excuse me, Amelia. It's time to step up."

I changed my direction towards Danny, I was so pissed off. People noticed me walking towards the bad boys. He may have put me and Amelia down, but now it's time to rebound.

"Oi, fuck-face!" I said to Danny, "What exactly is your problem?"

"What?" Danny dug into his pocket and pulled out his sunglasses putting them on, so now I'm looking at myself in the double reflection. The other boys looked at me smirking, waiting for Danny to slap me down.

"What's the angry chick, Danny?" asked on of his friends.

"No one."

"Oi, fuck-face. You can clearly see that I am not 'no one'. I'm a person with tits- a girl- not a 'no one'. You've no room to talk." Man, I am burning up inside, "At least I am not some stuck-up loser, who's a miserable pain in the ass."

"Dan, she's got you nailed." said another one of his friends with brown slicked hair, looking at me with new interest.

"Good. You need to grow up. You blamed me for almost drowning, you're a total twat to Amelia, and you can't stop being a jerk. So, pay up for the bike damage or you will pay." Danny laughed in his throat, so he is going to pay. I, literally, punched his full on in the face. His friends went '00h' and 'man'. I ain't finished yet, I kicked his motorbike which he was leaning on, making him fall with it, which caused his friends to hiss at the pain, "Warned you."

I walked away, shaking with anger. Amelia came up to me and hugged me.

"What the hell was that?" she asked.

"That, my friend, was Danny getting a taste of his own medicine. Seems it doesn't taste nice either."

"You were awesome! And, thanks."

"Anytime."

~**********~

On the last Friday in September,  I received some okay news from Amelia that are unwelcome to her.

"We allhave to show up to play footbal- soccer? Boys and girls?" I asked her, not at all scared.

"Yeah, it's a senior tradition before first snow fall which is first Monday in October, it's come early this year." Amelia said, "Are you good at soccer? How good are you?"

"I'm all right, I guess. It ain't my best sport."

"Well, at least you're good. I'm nervous on the field."