Time To Step Up - Chapter Fourteen

Time To Step Up

~***************************~

Chapter Fourteen

~***************************~

Drake and Fatboyhave moved in with Janine, Drake's mum. Janine may be my mum's older sister, but I barely see her. Uncle Max rarely sees me, but they're adults with jobs, you ca't always rely on them to make time to spend time with you or other family members. Uncle Max is a Principal and Janine is an artist- so it's- work, work, work.

Two days later at school and Danny turned up. I haven't spoken to him since that night. Francis, their other older brother, who is what I've been told and FBI agent, dropped Danny and Wyatt at school, dropping them near the door. I only saw them hurrying towards the door.

Danny.

He heard me call out mind to mind, looking around, but Wyatt grabbed an arm and Francis the other, hurrying him under cover.

I'll find you later, he replied.

But, I wanted him now. I needed him.

... I saw Jake last night... only in my dream. No one likes a virgin, he'd said, then he 'attacked' me all over again. I couldn't get to sleep again after that.

"Bloody school. Can't believe Fatboy actually bribed me to even come here." the moan of my best girl friend who arrived yesterday morning while I was at school.

My brother never mentioned it, all these surprise arrivals keep popping up.

"Yo, Oli-baby. 'Sup wiv ya?" Julia, who talks slang like Fatboy, slung her arm around my shoulder, snapping her fingers with her free hand to snap her fingers to get me out of my thoughts, "Yeah- Fatboy told me what's wrong wiv ya, who's this Danny-bloke? Drake tole me he's a bit of a nob."

"Don't matt', come on we'll be late."

"Do we have to fuckin' go...?"

I pulled her, using her arm that's sitting on my shoulders, towards the school entrence, not bothering to wait for Drake, Fatboy and Amelia.

~**********************************~

All day Danny has not even tried to find me, he said he would but he sisn't. He let me.

Being fair, I told Julia everything; about the start of school, the pregnancy... but I left out the werewolf and soulmate stuff. I also told her about the incident a few nights ago and also the dream.

"He's not going to call is he?" I asked Julia, mainly to myself, referring to Danny. We're in my bedroom now, I was looking out the window, hoping to see Danny enter the apartment gateway and parkig up near the door, waiting for me.

"Oh, cut and run, Olz, you don't need 'im. If he ain't callin' then fuck 'im, forget about 'im." Julia replied.

I let out a sigh, Danny, why'd you not called or try to find me?

No answer. Are you upset with me?

Still no answer. I give up.

I heard Julia flick through a book, and giving impressive hums and giggles. I turned to find her looking through my choreography book.

"Yo, seriously, this latest routine is fuckin' sick, fuckin' quality." Julia said, "Is it, like, a Michael Jackson tribute, or somethin'?"

"It is." I told her, looking over her should, "I'm thinking of doing this for the Christmas gig at school." I then explained the whole routine to her.