Time To Step Up - Chapter Twenty-Six

Time To Step Up

~*****************************~

Chapter Twenty-Six

~*****************************~

I've signed the contract, and it has been two days since then, and now it is time to step up, because tonight is the Christmas concert and me and my crew are very excited. We're all at Danny's house as Karla offered us to take us in the family van, so we're getting ready there as well. Robert's here to take Joseph, Danny, Calvin and Wyatt. The whole Balthosar clan is coming as well, and apparently Dwayne has something to give me after the concert.

We were all getting dressed in our dance outfits, and I was going through the whole routine in words, as I know the routine from the back of my head. We all know our places and where to go and what to do throughout the whole routine. We all had street dancers in our stomachs, since we don't actually say butterflies, as we think saying street dancers actually sound more funny and suitable.

We had the props packed up, well, only an black Afro and a blank CD. After slipping on my cap, I was the last one to finish getting ready.

"Wow, look at you! You all look very smart!" Karla said, looking at me, Fatboy, Julia, Drake, Bradley, Christian and Amelia.

Danny wolf whistled at me and came over, wrapping his arms around my wait, "You look gorgeous, babe." He was wearing a black shirt with black jeans and his bike boots.

"You don't look too bad yourself, baby boy." I said, then we kissed.

Someone wolf whistled and I heard someone go 'aww', but I know that Robert was the one who coughed uncomfortably, seeing his little sister kiss her boyfriend. It's been four months since Jake, and he knows that I am happy.

"Well, you lot have to be there half an hour before it starts, so... performers in the van, and everyone else to either Robert's or Cole's car." Karla said, "Chop, chop, my little ones!" Although, she is the smallest one out of everyone else in the room, other than Emily.

~************************************~

We were now backstage in the auditorium. It is well huge, I popped my head out of the curtain with Fatboy's head above mine. We looked around as people took their seats, chatting to others. It made me more nervous. If we can perform on a world wide street dance competition where were seen on TV and in front of a massive crowd, we can do this.

Both me and Fatboy shit ourselves as someone patted us on our backs, making us shriek and snap back. Bloody Bradley Knowles.

"Right, we're on in five minutes, guys, huddle up." Mr Jonah said, "We've worked our butts off for this, and now here it is. We have to do our best because, I don't know why, but the mayor of Hollywood is here and Taj McJovi-"

"What?!" me and my crew exclaimed.

Taj McJovi was the presenter of the UK National Championships and he is a big fan of us. Fatboy started jumping up and down, and me and my crew started to get excited this.

"Awh, no way, man!" I said, "Holy shizzle, Taj is here!"

"Okay, settle down, guys, okay, get ready. Hallelujah is on first, then..." Mr Jonah showed us the set list in order. We are last. Well, save the best till last, I always say.

I was mostly excited to see Taj again. He is an awesome presenter, he had actually said to us that he wanted Rebound to win, but second place is still good. He told us that he liked us the best because our routines are quite funny as well, and very clever. In our routines are, street-omedy, physical theatre, and a little bit of acting, hence Fatboy mouthing the introduction of this routine that we are doing tonight.