Time To Step Up - Chapter Seven

Time To Step Up

~******************~

Chapter Seven

~******************~

Me and Amelia have free period together, and I missed school yesterday because I thought I had food poisoning from the pizza Robert got from the takeaway, but this morning I was sick but I wasn't really bad though. The bad boys were by my locker, well, I share a locker with Amelia, I know her combination, which is her birthday; 03-06-19-93. I am older than her, my birthday is on Valentines Day, 14th February. Love it? No, why should I enjoy my birthday? My mum died on that day.

Just for fun, I ran and slid on my knees to our locker, I just went a little further, about two feet away from the bad boys. They looked at me, cocking their eyebrows.

I put both my thumbs up at them, giving them a cheeky grin, "Sh'a'right, boys?"

Amelia caught up with me laughing, seriously, I am making her laugh all day, total quality.

Some students asked me about if there's anything going on between me and Danny, every answer I give is either 'no', 'don't ask stupid questions' and 'I don't like pinners'. By the way, pinners is another word for a very, very small penis. Most of the cheerleaders are giving me glares and cold-shoulders. What the fuck?

I heard a deep cough and I turned and saw Danny, with no posse of his.

"Yeah? What you want?" I asked, now not looking at him, ransacking through the locker.

"Umm, hi." Danny shuffled his feet, like he was nervous, "I didn't congratulate you on your playing yesterday, Olivia. It was an awesome save."

Bullshit! He doesn't mean it, I know he doesn't, he's jealous that I've saved his goal.

"Yeah. I'm used to the roughness of the game." I said, jokingly, but no one's laughing, and neither am I.

"I'm telling everyone you got lucky." Danny pulled the strap of my bag onto my shoulder properly.

My stomach did a flip. His touch felt territorial. What was this? Danny Balthosar being nice? Wait- got lucky?

"And I'll tell anyone you can't accept a girl beating you at footie."

"Soccer." Danny corrected me.

"Whatever. There was no luck, sweetie-pie."

"Danny we know you would never bend a ball like you usually do." Amelia said.

"Maybe I should go easy on Olivia, maybe I should see her true skills."

Amelia was astonished with the flirtatious conversation even if I weren't, "No way, Danny Balthosar, you would never. You built your own image of the meanest guy in the year. Now you're a sucker to Olivia." Amelia's become a little more confident- and Danny isn't even tormenting her, maybe that punch in his face knocked some kindness into his brain cells.

I noticed the small bruise above Danny's eye, where I punched him. The corner of my lips curled into a smirk.

"I'll see you later." Danny winked at me, then walked away. Even though he is a good-looking boy, I'm not stupidly gullible.

"Aww, it's like your his first crush." Amelia nudged me, "Danny must be up to something to flirt and be nice to you."

"He's not my type."

"Then what is?"

I breathed in, then exhaled heavily, "Not him." I don't trust boys like him, he reminds off my ex-boyfriend, that was my real answer.