Time To Step Up - Chapter Twenty

Time To Step Up

~******************************~

Chapter Twenty

~******************************~

The policeman, who helped me, took me to the police station in San Jose, to get questioned, after I get checked up of course. A doctor came, my doctor, Dr Balthosar check me up. He said I needed  proper medical attention, but now I just need to warm up and rest.

Dr Balthosar know that I am his little brother's mate, but I told him I didn't want to see him after he asked me if I did.

I just don't want Danny to get hurt. He'll be disgusted and disappointed in me.

I missed you Olivia... I love you, Olivia... My soulmate... I love you... We're soulmates... Remember when we first met?... You were the most beautiful girl I've ever seen... It was love at first sight... I'm sorry... Can you forgive me?... I love you, Olivia... My soulmate.

I don't know what to believe in anymore. Jake's put those words in my head. Of course I don't believe him... I just... Oh my God, I don't know what to think.

Jake said we were soulmates, love at first sight... He treated me like a princess... Untill that very night.

But, it was different with Danny. At first he was a bully... he bullied Amelia, and hated me, at first. I almost drowned because of him. He scared me, claiming that I am his 'long lost lover'. But, it was all different... Danny changed... Jake didn't... Danny changed... for me...

Can I actually be trusted to love again? Can I be trusted? Can love be trusted?

All these thoughts punched in my head. I can't cope. I held my head in my hands. My head was in pain. I loudly exclaimed in pain, fallin onto my knees, crying. People came to help me up. I protested, wanting to be left alone.

I'm bad... a whore... a prostitute... I should and I deserve to be in jail.

~********************************~

"Breathe in for me." Dr Balthosar, who wants me to call him Dwayne, as he held his stethoscope against my back.

It hurt to breathe because of my condition.

"Your brother's on his way." Dwayne told me, "Are you sure you don't want Danny?" He shut the door after checking that no one was coming, "Okay, keep still."

I did as he pressed his hands on my back and throat. I felt a little burning sensation, he must be curing me as Danny told me he was a healer. Really useful for a doctor then, he would've saved a lot of lives.

"I don't want to see Danny... not after what I've done..." I said to Dwayne.

"Hm... I know what happened. My younger brother, Francis saw it... so did my mom."

"What do you mean?"

Dwayne didn't answer me. With the silence, I knew what he meant.

"They... They saw me having sex with other men, didn't they?" I asked, my voice quivered.

Dwayne hesitated, but finally nodded.

"Does anyone else know?" Then I remembered that Danny can see things happening now, "Does Danny know?" I was so close to breaking down.

"Like I said, my mom, Francis, also my dad.... but, I'm not sure about Danny, his powers isn't as strong as my mom's." Dwayne then moved a hand to my stomach then the back of my head, "Sometimes connections can interfere with our powers, but, someone was blocking your mind from reaching Danny's... my mom felt it."