Time To Step Up - Chapter Ten

Time To Step Up

~*********************~

Chapter Ten

~**********************~

It must've snowed lightly last night, as everywhere was frosty and wet. I was ransacking through a box full off school photos, certificates from Primary school to College. In a plastic bag was my year eleven school uniform; a blue jumper, black plaided skirt, and a red polo shirt with signatures and small messages goodbye from other students. Also I found my prefect and Head Girl badge.

Robert has gone out somewhere, he wouldn't tell me, he said it's not important but I have a good feeling about this 'nothing imprtant' thing.

It was 6pm and on my iPod on the speakers was playing 'Freaky like me' by MADCON. It is awesome. I wish to dance but I can't for another eight months as I have decided to keep the baby. I didn't like the idea about killing an unborn child. Everyone deserves a life.

Olivia, are you okay?

I stopped moving around, and peered out the window, half expecting Danny outside in his car or standing beside it on the street or outside the entrance. Where are you?

Home. Do you want to come over?

What...? Are we speaking telepathically apart?

Yes. Do you want to come?

Hm.I'll text my brother then. I'll be over in ten... you live near the beach, right?

Yes, but I don't want you alone. It's getting dark.

I'ts still light, it's only six o'clock.

I know, but it'll get dark quicker. I'll pick you up. See you soon.

He shut the conversation off. I shoved on my hooded jacket and my Nike high tops.

I heard the car beep two minutes later. Grabbing my phone I met up with Danny outside.

"Got here fast enough." I stepped into the car.

He gave me a smooth smile, "I was on my way when I called you."

"Funny, you don't have my number." I said, sarcastically, whilst on my Blackberry checking my Facebook.

I fastened my seatbelt and Danny started driving.

"My family don't really use cellphones and telephones. We've the lowest bill in the town." Danny told me. He put his right arm on the back seat, brushing the nape of my neck in passing, "I'm going to pull over."

"Why? Something wrong?"

"Nothing's wrong. It's just that we won't be alone when we get to my house. I just want to kiss you."

My heart was beating fast. I am not used to the kissing, but... I like it.

"Danny, is this real? You actually wanting to be with me?"

He unfastened my seat belt, "You're everything I wasn't. Everything I need."

Danny came closer, and rested his head againsst mine.

"You promise you won't hurt me?" I blurted out. I need to know is he wouldn't, because I'm scared to get hurt again.

"I promise." He then kissed me. This kiss was sweet, gentle, caring and passionate.

~******************************~

Danny's dad greeted us with a huge grin on his face when we arrived. He was carrying a tool box; something tells me he is a handyman.