Time To Step Up - Chapter Twenty Two

Time To Step Up

~****************************~

Chapter Twenty-Two

~****************************~

It's Saturday today, the boys are watching the football game, and Karla is having a day out with Lisa and Emily. Me, Amelia and Julia are at the gym, 'You need to show Jake who you really are. It's time to step up!', Julia had told me. Amelia mentioned what I did to Danny when I was standing up to him, which got Julia laughing.

Heart pumping, body warmed up, sweat trickling from my scalp. I have spent and hour and a half on the treadmill, bike, weights and trampoline, and I have just finished another half an hour of the punching bag, pretending that I am totally destroying Jake's face.

I do have muscles, if I tense my arms then you can see them and also if I tense my stomach you would be able to see a faint four pack. I'd hate to have bulging muscles like those athletic women.

I drank some water, the cool liquid danced down my throat and relaxed my muscles and cooled my body down.

"Do you think Drake likes me?" Amelia blurted out, once we stepped out of the showers.

Me and Julia looked at each other, we didn't expect her to blurt something like that out. If we think back, the way Drake reacts with Amelia, he protects her everywhere by standing an inch away from her, and he always offers to pick her up and take her to school, home or anywhere she wants.

"Do you like him?" I had to ask her, pulling on my knickers and sports bra.

Amelia blushed and looked away, getting changed into her normal clothes. After I pulled up my grey track suit bottoms, I went up to her.

!Honey, it's written all over your face." I said, causing her blush to deepen, I patted her shoulder, "Hey..." She looked up at me, "I don't think he likes you, Amelia." Her expression sank to a hurtful look, "I'm pretty much sure that he, well, loves you. I know my cousin, and if it is love, then you're his first."

"R-really?" Amelia bit her lip and giggled, "I would've thought that he would have had many girlfriends before. I mean, he's... handsome, kind, caring... protective... handsome..."

Me and Julia exchanged looks and stiffled our laughs in our throats.

"Yo. Amelia-girl, ya know nuffin' 'bout our Drake... Well, yeah, he is like what ya said, but Drake is a bit of a rebel." Julia said, "Ya know what I'm sayin'?"

"Yeah, we;re not trying to put you off, but, Drake is a bad boy - remember what I told you - he can start fights and finish them, anyone would regret it if they've got involved or give him shit." I added in, "But, he loves and protects his family. He would do pretty much to protect us. Including you Amelia. Now that you're in Rebound, you're family."

"Oh... sounds kinda.... sweet.... I've never felt like this before." Amelia commented.

"Join the club." I said.

~*****************************~

The snow was thicker but not too deep. We were walking along the beach, acting like total prats. I jumped on Julia's back, who is in fact strong enough to carry me for at least three hundred metres. Until she flipped me off and I landed awkwardly, but didn't land in the snow.

Then I saw a rich boy wearing preppy clothes and on his phone... Chester Kelly, all on his own, laughing like a total prick he is.

"Uh-oh." Julia said.

"What?" Amelia asked her.

"Shit - I know that look - Olivia, rude girl, calm down, yeah?" Julia said to me, shaking me by my shoulders.