Time To Step Up - Chapter Nine

Time To Step Up

~*****************~

Chapter Nine

~*****************~

Robert stared at me, his eyes grey as rocks, "What?" he asked, "What? I don't believe I heard you properly."

I looked down shaking, staring at the pattern on the kitchen floor.

"You did hear properly." I mumbled.

"What?" he asked again, "Say again."

I gave a mighty sigh. Another week had gone byu, and I was too sick to be in school. I now have decided to tell my brother the news.

"I'm pregnant." I repeated in a low voice, "I'm really sorry."

"You're pregnant and you'resorry!" he yelled, standing up knocking over the kitchen chair, "That sick bastard raped you and goyt you pregnant! And you're sorry?!"

I looked up. I would've expected him to be angry at Jake, and probably me. Tears started in my eyes. I want my big brother to come over and hold me.

"I'm sorry." I cried, "I didn't mean for it to happen." I covered my face with my hands."

Then, I felt Robert crouch down to my level and he removed my hands and made me look at him.

"Don't you dar apologize, it is not your fault. That sick bastard raped you, none of this is your fault. I love you, you're my baby sister." he said.

I hugged him and he held me, kissing my head a few times and rubbing my back. Talking soothingly, calming me down as I cried in his arms.

Dr. Balthosar told me I was seven weeks pregnant when I went to see him yesterday and I have tills seventeen weeks for an abortion if I wanted and he said it is possible to be three months pregnant and have a miscarriage. I have actually learned all of this in college, I was doing child care and pregnancy. I told Dr. Balthosar what exactly happened, meaning the true story of how I got pregnant, and he promised to keep it a secret.

I don't know what to do. Shall I have an abortion or shall I keep it? Robert told me that it is my choice, he wants me to get rid of it, but being respectful he said it's my coice and he'll always be there for me.

~***************~

I spent the next two days thinking if going on a date with Danny was a good idea; and whether I should keep this baby; and if Danny is really 'the one'.

Robert noticed my worried look, but didn't question about it.

"Olivia, are you okay?"

"Uh... huh..."

"No, you're not, baby. Listen to me." I snapped out of my thought and looked at my brother who is wearing smart jeans and a white dress shirt with his hair gelled up, thanks to me.

"We;re going to the new Arts Centre in town for the Grand Opening. Amelia's going to be there, the whole town is. Try to enjoy yourself. Stop thinking about the baby."

I nodded, "Okay."

I was, actually, wearing a strapless dress which finishes just above my knees. The colour was white with a blue hem with matching blue flats.

"Rob, do you think I'm letting you down?" I asked, stroking my naturally, straight, brown hair.

"No, of course not. Why?"

I turned to him, "Because, you have done so much for me; name me, protected me and now... I feel like I haven't done anything for you."

"You have done enough, Olivia. All I want you to do is to keep breathing. You're my little sister. All I want is you to be happy."