Time To Step Up - Chapter Eight

Time To Step Up

~***************~

Chapter Eight

~***************~

The test was positive. I was pregnant.

My legs wobbled and I sat down on the side of the bath, staring at the two blue lines. I picked up the leaflet again and reread the awful words: 'Two blue lines as indicated is a posotive result for pregnancy. You should make an appointment to see your doctor.'

I heard a noise in the living room as Robert came back from Uncle Max's

"Olivia?" he called.

"In the loo." I called back. Robert knew about me being sick, I told him I must've caught something. None of us suspected pregnancy.

"You all right?" Robert asked me.

"Yeah, I'm fine, just needed a wee." I lied. Well, I had to for the test, but I can't really say that, can I?

Carefully I put everything from the kit back into the box, then checked the floor to make sure I hadn't left anything around.

I put the box under my t-shirt and went out across to my room.

~************~

I barely slept at all, that word:Pregnant, flew through my mind.

I wasn't paying attention either in music when I was listening to the Jazz band and I had to give them an opinion which will help them prepare for the Christmas gig.

"Olivia?" Mr Jonah said, "Are you all right?"

No, I am not all right! I'm fucking pregnant! But, of course, I didn't say that.

Amelia came over to me, "You're crying!"

"No, I'm not! Don't be stupid!" I shouted, and I picked up my bag and ran out of the room.

I was in the nurse's office telling her my situation and she kindly made an appointment at the hospital with my new doctor, Dr. Balthosar, Wyatt and Danny's older brother. With his help I can find out how far I am and when the day comes. There is the options of an abortion, but if I am twenty-four weeks pregnant, which I doubt, an abortion is a big no.

~*************~

"What's wrong? Are you ill or something?" Amelia asked me.

I shook my head, glad I'd put away my appointment slip. The urge to tell her was enormous; so far,  Amelia and I have told each other everything. But I still hesitated.

"What's wrong? Food poisoning again?" she asked, "It can't be that bad."

"Amelia, I'm... pregnant." I said slowly.

A long moment went by. I wasn't sure is she'd heard me. The she said, "What?"

I didn't say it again, just sat there on the floor in the empty toilets, crying.

"But you said you and your boyfriend never went that far. How can you be? Did you cheat on him? Di you sleep with someone here?"

"No, I haven't!" I said, irritably.  I looked around the toilets worried that someone might come in, "Jake... he... he... raped me."

Amelia's eyes grew wide and her mouth gaped, "Oh my God! But you said you two were soulmates!"

"No that's what hesaid. He made me believe I was the only one, until that night and he asked me to do something, favours for him... But, he then raped me, and I soon realised what kind of person he really was." I then cried harder and Amelia held me and cried with me.