Chapter Sixteen

A/N Wow look who finished this chapter faster than expected! Hope you love it! {books4fangirls you might cry hehe}. xx

The song above kinda fits this story so listen to it while reading this chapter if you ant to! Xx

~~

Max was pouting as Dan tied his small bow tie around his neck.

"What's wrong, kid?" Dan asked, poking his nose and straightening his hair.

"Daddy promised me he'd come." Max whispered.

"When?" Dan frowned.

"On Christmas. At the Christmas concert he said he's coming to all my shows." Max shrugged.

"We don't need him."

"I'm scared though."

"I'm here." Dan poked his cheek. Max shrugged. "Why don't I film it so when Dad gets better he can see it?"

"Okay." Max sighed.

"You're going to sing better than everyone in your class tonight. I promise." Dan buttoned up Max's vest. Max poked out his bottom lip again. "Do you have butterflies in your tummy?" Dan laughed.

"I can feel them flying all around and it's tickley." Max whispered.

"Max? We're going on stage in two minutes!" his teacher called.

"I'm scared!" Max squeaked.

"You'll be great! I promise!" Dan smiled and kissed his cheek. Max pouted and nodded. "I'll be right out there cheering for you and I'll record everything so dad can see it later."

Once Max let Dan go back into the auditorium, Dan sat in his reserved seat a few rows from the front. A few older classes were on before Max would be. Someone sat down in the empty chair beside him and Dan looked up briefly before doing a double take. Phil was sitting next to him.

"What the hell are you doing here?" Dan whispered sharply.

"Mum said Max's concert was tonight and I wanted to see it." Phil answered just as quietly.

"Why?"

"Cuz I'm his dad, aren't I?"

"Well yes but you haven't taken a notice about us before."

"It doesn't mean I won't come to support my own kid even if I remember him or not."

"Whatever." Dan grumbled and crossed his arms, turning his attention to the stage where Max's class was beginning their performance.

Dan rolled his eyes as Max's eyes clearly lit up at the sight of Phil. Maybe now Dan was starting to feel the jealousy.

Max performed well with his class and Dan was quite proud that he did it. When the concert was over, Dan got up to go pick up Max. Phil went to follow him but Dan stopped him.

"You've seen him perform so you can go." Dan said dryly.

"I can't congratulate him?" Phil frowned.

"You always have to make everything so difficult." Dan grumbled and started off for backstage, Phil following close behind. Dan smiled at the sight of Max talking with a few other kids from his class.

"DADDY!" Max squealed and ran for him. Dan crouched down to welcome him into a hug but Max ignored Dan completely and went for Phil instead.

"You were great, Max!" Phil chuckled.