Chapter Four

"What are you doing here?" I ask, looking at Malia as Scott and I got off his bike.

"I heard you were coming to talk to Peter," Malia explained. "And since he's basically satan in a V-neck, I figured you guys shouldn't be alone."

"W-uh, he's not that bad of a guy." Scott gave me a look, signalling I should just keep my mouth shut.

"We can handle Peter." He said.

"You can handle him better with me." Malia began to walk off.

"You haven't told her?" I whispered when I noticed Scott had an annoyed look on his face.

"No, I haven't. How do you tell a person, that doesn't even know their adopted, that their birth father is a crazy murderer." Scott sighed and began to walk inside the building of Peter's apartment.

"Well, I'm not telling her. That should be the job for the Alpha." I patted his back and pushed the door open, following Malia in.

"What's wrong with you, Scott?" Malia asked, squinting her eyes.

"Nothing," he said a little too quickly.

"Your heart is pounding like crazy. Are you nervous?"

"He's just bad at introductions."

The three of us turn around to see Peter sitting on a couch reading a book.

"Peter," Scott began. "This is Malia."

He dropped what he was doing and stood up quickly. He stared Malia up and down.

"Beautiful eyes." He slowly walked over to us. "Did you get them from your father?"

"Mother," Malia stated, giving Peter a weird look.

"Intresting."

"Anyway, I'm sure they told you a lot about me." He clapped his hands together and smiled.

"The homicidal killing spree came up."

I face palmed and shook my head.

"Well, we're all works in progress," said Peter.

"Well, when you progress to your next killing spree, why don't you try and make sure they all stay dead?"

"What is that supposed to mean?"

"What do you know about people being turned from a scratch?" asked Scott.

Peter turned to him. "Did you scratch someone, Scott?"

He looked at me then back to Scott. "Don't worry about it, the claws would have to go pretty deep." He began to walk back over to the couch he was sitting on.

"But it's possible. Like if you clawed out someone's throat?"

"Well, yeah, it's possible. It's also beyond rare. I mean, we're talking one in a-" He stopped, everything soon coming together. "Million"

"Can't someone in this town stay dead?" He exclaims.

"I think they were hoping you would." Malia chimed in.

"Do you have any idea why Kate would turn Derek into a teenager again?"

"Did he recognize you?" Peter asked me.

"Kind of... He was very confused."

Peter closed his eyes, shaking his head. "What color were his eyes?"

"Blue," I stated.

"After Paige. Which could mean around the time he first met Kate."

"Derek and Kate knew each other?" Scott asked surprised.