Chapter Nine

"Hey, you're dad let me in, I hope it's okay..." I trailed off as I walked into Stiles' room only to be faced with a clear plastic board. "What- the--?"

"Oh, hey," My eyes directed to Stiles leaning his head over one side of the board.

I smiled wearily at him as I slowly walked myself to the other side. I kept my eyes trained on the board as I pulled off my jacket and layed it and my purse on his bed.

"What's this?" I placed my hands on my hips as I stood beside him, watching him tape pictures to the board with red tape.

"It's just, it helps me figure stuff out." He bit his lip and nodded.

I placed my hand on one of the pictures, looking up at him

I placed my hand on one of the pictures, looking up at him. "That's the Walcott family, right?"

"Yeah, here I'll explain all this. So, the Walcott's were the first. At least the first that we know about. Four murders: Sean, his brother, and their parents. They were killed by a professional assassin called The Mute." He took pieces of tape and dragged them to picture to picture. "Weapon of choice, a military tomahawk. But then The Mute was killed by Peter Hale after he tried to blow up Derek with a Claymore mine. Next was Demarco. He delivered a keg to the party at Lydia's lake house. And got decapitated outside his car. And then last night 23-year-old Carrie Hudson."

My eyes traveled all around the board, my eyes stopped on the deadpool taped in the corner. My eyes looked up and down the list. I could feel a cold shiver run down my back at the thought of my name being on there. That's only a third of the list, I could be on the other 2/3.

"Any word from Lydia?" I asked him.

"She's been down at the lakehouse all weekend with Kira and Malia, but she hasn't figured out another key-word."

I looked around his room and picked up a red marker from his desk. I then marked out all the names on the deadpool that were dead. That was half of this list, dead.

"I'm scared." I mumbled.

"What?"

"I said, I'm scared." I turned to Stiles, looking him in the eyes. "I'm scared that I'm on the list and people are already planning to kill me."

Stiles gave me a look of sympathy before pulling me into his arms and placing a kiss on the top of my head.

"I'm not going to let anything happen to you."

***

"Derek, I don't think this is a good idea," I whispered to him as we walked down the hallways of the school.

"Scott said this guy has some anger issues, I just need to see for myself," His eyes scanned down the hallways before they perked up at the door of the boy's locker room.

"Liam is a good guy, really, but what person doesn't get a little angry from time to time?" I grabbed onto his hand and stopped him from going any further.