Chapter Six

I think you'll enjoy this chapter!! ;)

Malia sat cross-legged in front of me on the floor while Stiles and I were sitting on the couch in the living room. She was doing her math homework while I pretended to write notes, when really all I was doing was scribbling. This is literally so boring. 

I heard a book slam and saw Malia stand up, picking up all of her stuff. 

"What are you doing?" I asked, standing up off the couch.

"I'm done with this. I don't understand." She said, throwing her bag over her shoulder.

She began to walk towards the front door but I grabbed her bag, pulling her back. 

"I promised I would help you study," I sat down on the ground where she was sitting. She groaned and sat back down beside me.

"Did you do the thing I told you to? To help you?" I asked, pulling her books back out and opening them back up.

"What thing?" Stiles asks, looking over my shoulder.

I dug in her back and found the highlighters, "I do this to help me study."

"Green is for the things you understand," I hold up the green one, looking at Stiles.

"Yellow is for, working on it." I hold up the yellow one.

Malia takes the last one out of my hand, "And red means I have no clue. I'm mostly using red."

Stiles eyes met mine, a small smile plastered on his face. He bit his bottom lip and looked back down at Malia's book.

"Yeah, you're probably gonna need another red highlighter," I shook my head, flipping through her book, looking at all the pages she's highlighted

"So what's the secret?" She asked, grabbing the book from me. "Why is math impossible for me and easy for you guys?" She looks back and forth from Stiles and I.

"Cause we use Lydia's notes," said Stiles.

"Well then someone needs to give me notes on Lydia's notes because I don't understand any of this," she said with an exasperated sigh.

She pulled out an open journal setting it on my lap. My eyebrows shot up. The paper was filled with random numbers, letters, and symbols.

"Lydia wrote these?" I asked.

"Yeah. What are they?"Malia asked, totally confused.

I lean back and show Stiles. He takes the journal from me, examining the letters and numbers.

"They're not math," said Stiles.

I took the journal back, taking my phone out and snapping pictures of the gibberish. I found Lydia in my recent messages and sent her the photo, telling her that she might want to take a second look at her notes. After the whole drawing the Nemeton phase, I want to be sure that this isn't something more.