Summer .3

It's been 2 weeks ever since I landed in Charleston. I miss everyone back in Beacon Hills. Stiles for the most part, even though he calls me every night. Well, when it's 2am my time since we're 4 hours ahead. I don't think he realizes it though. I don't mind waking up just to hear his voice. 

But I missed my grandparents very dearly. I didn't expect to see them at the airport but when they stood there at my gate, I burst into tears. For the longest time, family was all I had. I didn't have many friends growing up here so my family is the most important thing in my life.

I didn't expect it to change in the way it has. I have the best of friends, and an amazing boyfriend and I consider them my family too. I have never been the one to let new people in. I wasn't really the social butterfly at my old school; when I came to California I expected to stay that way too. Under the radar. But things change... in the best way possible.

Today would be the day I meet Isaac in Mystic Falls, Virginia. Home of Stefan Salvatore. I would drive up there, pick up Isaac at the airport then we would head to a hotel to figure out how we will approach Stefan.

The 7 hour drive was the worst part, but it got better when I saw my old friend exit his gate.

"Isaac!" I ran up to him and hugged him, making him drop his bags. "It's been so long!"

He laughed and wrapped his arms around me, asking, "How are you?"

"I'm great," I pulled out of the hug and picked up one of his bags. "It's so good to see you. Everyone misses you back home."

"Oh now you're just lying," He picked up his other bag and took the one from my hand.

"No, really. Scott told me to tell you he and Melissa wish you well," we began are descend back to the car. "Argent too."

"Aw, no 'Hi' from Stiles? I thought I was starting to grow on him," he joked.

I laughed and nudged his shoulder playfully. 

"Yeah, Stiles was not to happy that I chose you to go with me. Thank you, by the way. For coming with me."

"I told you a million times, I'm happy to help."

I pulled the rental car keys from my pocket and unlocked the car so Isaac could load his stuff up. As we got in the car I handed the file on Stefan to Isaac.

"So this guy is like 160 years old? Damn, he must be wrinkly," Isaac laughed.

"Actually," I pointed down the the picture of the guy. "That's him. He shouldn't have aged at all."

"Really?"

"Yeah. Immortality does us good, I guess." I looked behind me and backed out of the parking space and exited the airport.

"He has a brother," he pointed out.

"Yeah but I'm sure he's dead. It's been way too long."

It took us an hour to get Mystic Falls and check into our hotel. It wasn't the best place, but it was cheap.

"Definitely getting flashbacks from the motel in California," Isaac said with a shiver.

"Yeah but this one smells more like cigarettes than death," I laughed. "How many suicides do you think happened here?"

"I don't know, let's check the bible for news articles," he replied making me laugh loudly.

"Okay, see this guy now or later?" He asked.

"Let's just get settled in, then go tomorrow," I said nervously.

"Scared?"

"Just nervous. I'm meeting another vampire. This is just... I don't know. I've dealt with werewolves, and alpha packs, nogitsune's, berserkers; I don't know why I'm so scared to meet someone like me. I should be excited, right?"