Chapter Eleven

"So, you're not coming to school either?" I groaned to Lydia through the phone as I walked down the empty hallways.

"Who else isn't at school?" Lydia asked.

"Well, Malia and I were in Algebra 2 when she just walked out. Of course I got up also to see why she just left the beginning of class..."

"And?"

"Well, apparently she heard Derek and now the two of them are searching the woods for Brett's pack. So I think I'll just go home cause I don't think I should go back to class after getting up and leaving," I let out a sigh as I approached my locker, putting my books away.

"Well, Stiles and I are going to go to Eichen to try and get the third cipher key from Meredith, you can come with us if you want," Lydia said sweetly through the phone.

Going back to Eichen House? That's a no. Facing Stiles after being a bitch to him last night? That's also a no.

"I think I'll pass." I began to walk in the direction of the doors to the parking lot when I see Mason and Scott stop in the middle of the hall. Scott and I made eye contact and he nodded towards me, meaning that I should go over there to them.

"Hey, Lyds, I'll talk to you later. Call me if you get anything out of Meredith." I hung up my phone and shoved it in my pocket, fast walking over to Mason and Scott.

"What's up?"

"Mason thinks Liam is missing," Scott said.

"Well, I don't want to say he's missing but he ran off during our run this morning and he wasn't in second period," Mason shoved his hands into his pockets and rocked nervously on his feet.

"Maybe he went home after first, who does he have?"

"Uhh, he's got Finstock," Mason replied after thinking about it for a while.

We first looked in his classroom to see if he was there, but Coach doesn't have a class at this time so we looked in his office and low and behold, there he was sitting at his desk.

"Hey, Coach, did you happen to see Liam this morning?" Scott asked.

He looked over at the three of us, taking a swig of some orange medicine before coughing out, "Sorry, guys, Liam skipped my class. Maybe he's sick."

He sniffed loudly, "Like me." He gave us a side glare and took another drink of the medicine.

"Liam didn't look sick on our run," Mason whispered.

Scott looked down at his phone. "He's not getting back to any of my texts."

"Mine either," Mason sighed.

The school bell rang loudly, echoing throughout the hallway's indicating 3rd period was over.

"Yeah, don't worry. I'll find him," Scott reassured. "But text me if you see him."

"All right," Mason replied and turned around, getting lost in the crowd of students.

Right when we were about to leave, Scott's phone started buzzing. He looked at questionably, showing me the caller ID.

Liam.

He held the phone up to his ear once he answered the call. "Liam?" Scott asked.

Scott pointed to his other ear, making sure that I was listening in on the phone call. I nodded and moved my hair back behind my ear.

"Sounds like you already know the answer to that, Scott." Garrett's voice said through the phone.

Scott's eyes scanned the area around us, but no sign of Garrett.