Chapter VII: Love on the brain

Tiana

I woke up and stretched "UGHHHHH " I groaned "I don't wanna go to work" I said as my alarm clock rang. I turned it off and got up after 5 more minutes and walked into the bathroom my hair tangled I looked at the clock. It showed 6:30 am
I didn't have to go in today until 7:45 so I had time I got into the shower and washed my hair of all the oils I'd used to keep it straight the night before I combed through it in the shower and then braided it I toweled off and then got in my uniform. I sighed shaking my head.

7:40 am
I rushed down the street and reached my destination I walked in clocking in at 7:45am on the dot thank god. As we were getting prepped for the day my mind drifted off. I began to think of Jason and how sweet he was and how easy it was to talk to him. I leaned on the counter "Tiana!" I heard my evil store manager Stacy yell. "Yes?"I asked nonchalantly. "Get your head out of the gutters and get over here you're opening front and make sure you actually clean today I'm sick of seeing dirty tables do something right for once"said Stacy folding her arm.

"Sir yes sir!" I said earning a few laughs from my co-workers. "Sir?"asked Stacy connecting her eyebrows and rolling her neck. Not that her neck didn't already have enough rolls as is. "I mean mam' sorry Stacy"I said and turned my back to her giggling. "Whatever get to work."she said returning to her office.

8:00am
We opened for the day I sighed as I cleaned the tables some lady called me over. "Yes mam how may I help you?" I asked politely. "Um can I have a menu? I'd like to order a drink um one of those frappe things I don't know whatever the hell you call them" she said she seemed snobby usual Manhattan rich snobby white lady. "Um ma'am ' this is not that type of restaurant..."I said in the most polite way as possible.

"What do you mean you can't just serve me from here why can't I just give you my order I mean I'm paying my good money." She said beginning to raise her voice. "Ma'am please calm down this is a cafe it doesn't work that way"I said still remaining calm. "Where is your manager? I'm paying my good money! I may as well be able to order my food and or drink from my seat! Who are you to deny me that!" She yells making a scene causing customers  to turn their heads.

"Ma'am please calm down its just not that type of rest-" "is there a problem here?" I heard Stacy's annoying voice coming from behind me. "This... Girl here is saying I can't order from my seat" She said rolling her eyes. "All I said was this isn't that type of res-" I was cut off again "Tiana, the customer is always right. Ma'am what can she get you?" she said glaring at me which meant she would talk to me later probably throw a racial slur in here and there about how I can't do anything right and I'm dumb because I'm black.

I got used to it after awhile. The woman ordered and I went back to the bar with her order I made the drink myself and delivered it to her. As I looked up I saw Stacy motion me over. I sighed walking to her. She pulled me into her office closing the door. "Look, remember the policy the customer is always right working in a business like this especially when it involves coffee people are serious about it so do me a favor don't piss off or argue with any of the customers for the rest of the day? Okay? Thanks. Matter of fact stay off bar for today strictly bust tables today and after you're done I'll put you on window. Now go" she said frowning her ugly face up. I walked out the door of her office and went back to busting tables.

I continued to clean the tables when suddenly I heard a raspy voice from behind me "Missed a spot" I turned over my right shoulder and my eyes met his dreamy grey orbs. "Jason"I said under my breath. "Oh don't act too happy to see me it's great seeing you too Tiana " he said sarcastically. "I'm sorry I'm just surprised to see you what are you doing here?" I asked. "Just came by to see you..."he said "Aw that's swee- wait how did you know I worked here?" I asked.

He rubbed the back of his neck. "Actually....I didn't " he chuckles nervously. "Then how did you know it was me from the back."I asked. "Lucky guess?" He said as he continued to chuckle nervously. "Whatever. Anyways good seeing you but I have to get back to work." I said beginning towards the next table he walked in front of me I ran into his chest his hands flying to my waist immediately to stop me from falling.

I looked up at him and then playfully pushed him away "Jason leave me alone I'm at work."I said walking around him and beginning to clean the next table. "So what time you getting off sweet thang"he said smirking as he leaned against the wall next to the table I was cleaning . I giggled slightly "Stop Jason you're going to get me fired" I said as I started towards the back room to put the cleaning supplies up and wash my hands but his arm suddenly flew up between me and the doorway.

"So you wanna go out sometime"said Jason. "Jason what part of leave me alone don't you get"I said going under his arm. "Damn"I heard him whisper under his breath. I giggled to myself.

Jason
I followed Tiana to work today. I know it's strange that I'm still stalking her even though I already know her well. But what's the fun in finding out things "the normal way". 
She seemed slightly annoyed when she saw me I sure hope she isn't annoyed by me already. I mean, I really like this girl. I can't afford to screw this up.I just need one date and she'll be mine it's just a matter of time.
Mark my words she'll be mine soon enough.

-
-
A/N:
So what do y'all think? Will Jason be able to get Tiana is she just playing hard to get for now? Is Tiana suspicious of Jason stalking her... Or is she actually flattered by the attention Jason is giving her? Comment what you think will happen and don't forget to vote/like. Btw I will be updating my imagine book possibly tonight and I wanna start rewriting backpack and possibly gravity over spring break :) which starts next Friday!