Chapter XXVIII: Dead On Arrival

Jason

I arrived at my mansion the house was particularly silent. Only the sound of a little bit of shuffling in the kitchen I assumed it was just Wesley. I headed upstairs changing out of my day old clothing because I hadn't brought a change of clothes to Tiana's place. After taking a quick shower and drying my soaked blond hair I decided to go check on my little problem in the basement as I've adapted this nickname for her overtime. Although, she wasn't too much "trouble" considering I haven't paid her much attention and her torture is purely for the sake of justice for the ones shes verbally tormented.

As I arrived downstairs there was no noise at all not even a creek not a breath I couldn't help but think that something was up. I walked into her room but I couldn't seem to find her. Just as I was going to turn around everything went black followed by the crash of a pot or some sort of pan ringing through the room...

Tiana

"So how excited are you to go to the Bahamas?!" Mercedes said as excited as can be. "Yea I'm ready to get out of New York for a little" I said as I started to zip up my suit case we began to sit everything by the door so that tomorrow morning it'd be easy for us to grab everything and head out when Jason comes to get us.

Mercedes and I had decided that we would go out to get lunch and have a pamper day since I knew Jason would most likely be busy for the rest of the day handling business.

Mercedes and I went to one of the best massage therapists in NYC although most of the places are top of the line either way. I hadn't gotten a massage before in my life so I was a bit uncomfortable even though Mercedes guaranteed me that I would be just fine.

Following our massages Mercedes and I decided to get our nails done we sat and waited for at least an hour before they finally got to us. Before I knew it, it was 5pm.

I had finally checked my phone for the first time since this morning and noticed I had no texts from Jason at all. That was strange, I thought to myself but I tried to just shrug it off and chalk it up to him being busy. I sat my phone in my purse and focused on relaxing and getting my nails and feet done.

About an hour later Mercedes and I finished and decided it was time to head home. "So have you heard from Jason today?"she asked "no, strangely enough I haven't heard from him since he left this morning" "hmm well I'm sure he's just... busy or something you know life must get stressful as a CEO" she said as we walked down the street "But how busy really can it be when you have all these people to do things for you I mean hell he has a housekeeper and butler who live in his house with him"I said as we turned into the area of our apartment complex.

"Well he still has a lot to handle himself that's probably why he needs other people to assist him.. speaking of which didn't he want you to come work for him?"she asked "well yea... but you know me I don't like to mix business with pleasure" I said tucking a curl behind my ear.
"Ooo Pleasure.. speaking of pleasure have you guys you know done anything yet"she said sounding like a teenage girl fascinated with all things relationship.

"No we have not.. we've made out that's the farthest we've gone it's only been like almost 2 months since we started dating and I don't want to rush anything and I'm sure he doesn't either" "Girl, who cares.. we're adults and clearly Jason isn't the type of guy to 'hit and quit' he's a gentleman and hell he's ridiculously attractive if I was dating him I would've been on that a longggg time ago"she says laughing "ok no, I didn't need to hear that but I guess you have a point I'm not gonna rush anything though he hasn't exactly alluded to wanting anything yet so I won't  force it"I said as we walked into our apartment complex.

"Hmm okay well just say the word I'll leave the hotel for a bit if you guys wanna do anything " she said causing me to laugh "you're funny if you think I'd even do it when you're near us at all knowing you, you'd be on the other side of the door cheering him on and then when we came out you'd be over there smirking at him " I laughed "soooo you're saying you think he's gonna be goo-" "no I didn't say anything so shush..what's this"I said as I saw an envelope on the ground outside our apartment door.