Chapter 9

We got to the place where our prom was at. It was beautiful on the outside I just couldn't wait to go in. Alyssa and I decided that we would wait in the car just to be fashionably late.

"So Sam, I've been meaning to talk to you about what happened a couple weeks ago like what happened between us," she paused and pressed her lips together. "It's just like what we had was good for the moment, but you belong with Joseph."

"Why are you telling me this? I already get it." I said.

"Cause Sam... I've liked you for two years, and I just needed to get that off my chest. I don't feel the same about you though like I'm over it."

"Why are you over it?"

"Because I'm with Aj and you belong with Joseph."

At that moment I moved closer to her and cupped her face with my hands.

"But I love you." I whispered. I then kissed her lips softly until she pulled away.

"Maybe we should go inside." She said.

"Okay."

I wanted her more than ever. I needed her.
-

We get out of the car and walk inside. There's this beautiful chandelier hanging from the ceiling. People are already dancing on the dance floor. This is going to be a fun night.

The boys come up to us with drinks.
"Are these drugged?" I asked laughing.

"For once no." Joseph answered.

I took a sip then took Joseph's hand and walked to the dance floor. We began to dance. By dance I mean grinding.

After dancing for a while, I turned around to face him and I saw that Alyssa was all by herself.

"Hey babe I got to go to the bathroom." I told Joseph.

"Okay." He responded.

I grabbed Alyssa's hand and pulled her into the restroom.

"Where's Aj?" I said kind of loud, but it was okay no one was in the bathroom.

"He said he had to go outside, so I think he's outside." She said, kind of worried.

"What's wrong?"

"Do you think he found out about us?"

"No way I didn't tell anyone."

"Okay. Me neither but I don't know. He's been a little distant lately."

"Well what you told me in the car is that you love him and if you love him then you should love him even when he's gone."

"Yeah."

"Let's go back outside."

"Okay."

We then walked outside. To see everyone laughing. So I walked to Joseph and asked him what was so funny. He showed me this video he got on his phone. It was Aj fucking some girl in his car. Omg it was Valerie, the prom queen.

"Alyssa can't see this." I told him.

I looked for her just to see someone showing her the video.

"Babe I'm going to take her home." I told Joseph.

"Okay bye." He said then gave me a soft kiss.

I walked to go get her just to see Aj walking up.

"Enjoying the party babe?" He said to her.

"you fucking prick!" I said to him.

"What did you call me?"

"Your a fucking animal. Your stupid for not knowing what you have! Your girlfriend is perfect! And all you do is cheat!"