Chapter 9

Shivani's POV:

Bhai came to my cabin at 8 pm and asked me to go home along with him but I  had a lot of work pending so I asked him to leave and that I would come later.He hesitated but I sent him. I was working for the next two hours until my mom called and asked me to leave all the work and come home immediately. (These mothers are such drama queens.Phew!) As soon as I kept the call I wound up all my work and left for home. I reached home and in the hall mom was waiting for me. Bhai was on some work related call. Mom then asked me to have my dinner ,obviously she was shouting for eating so late. Once I was done I went to my room and then I realised that I left my gift in the car I went to get it. When I was taking my gift and coming a car stopped next to me and somebody got down from the car. No points for guessing. It was AARAV. I don't understand how every time he has to come everywhere first to the office, then lunch and now here to my house. I think one fine day he'll probably just shift here and the day it happens, I wouldn't be surprised.

I looked at him and he smiled. Both of us greeted each other and then we came inside. Mom was in the hall she saw Aarav and got all excited and happy. I went straight to my room. Mom called me when I was climbing the stairs she asked me to come and sit  but I told her I was very tired so I am sleeping. I told bye to Aarav and went to my room.

I took out the dress and wore it. It was looking damn pretty. I tried all the accessories that he had sent and I was looking damn HOT. Like every girl even I clicked a few selfies. While I was clicking pics I heard someone knock at my door. I obviously couldn't go out in the dress so I asked "Who is it?" nobody answered so I changed into my night dress quickly and opened the door.It was Aarav. God I don't know what is up with this boy. Like seriously to my room?I was shocked and in the most arrogant way I asked him" What?"

Aarav: Oh shit. I am soo sorry. I thought this is Vihaan's room. Aunty told me straight and left soo..

Shivani: Really? No problem( I hope he sensed the sarcasm). The one there (I showed him) is bhai's room. I was thinking in my head from when did my voice started sounding like a  man's voice that he couldn't understand it's me in the room. Anyway I just didn't want to have any more conversation so I was closing my door when he held the door and said "So Shivani did you decide where we are going?"

Shivani: I gave a blank look because I didn't know what he was talking about.

Aarav: Uhh... Sunday...lunch.. place.. you were going to decide....uhh... since you know better places..

Shivani: I was shocked. I was like Oh Fuck! I was mind fucked at that minute. Shitttt! How could I forget? Now what will I do? Sunday? Lunch? My date? Nooo.. I am sooo stupid.. What is up with me?

I was thinking what I should do and didn't answer him.I was not in my senses.

He patted on my shoulder and asked "What happened? Is there a problem?"

Shivani: "uuhh. I was held up with a lot of work so I had no time.. I'll decide and let you know " ,I said in the most non-convincing tone.

Aarav: Are you sure it is just that?

Shivani: Yeah yeah, I said with a smile.

Aarav: Okay then. I'll go meet Vihaan. You look tired. Good night. And sorry for the disturbance.

Shivani: No issues.Good night and I closed the door.

I sat on the bed thinking what should I do now. How should I tell him a no. Now if I tell him a no he will know that I was not coming that's why I reacted like that but the fact is I forgot.I am so stupid. How could you forget Shivani? I just felt like slapping myself. I thought for a while and then decided to tell him that I have a meeting on sunday so  I can't come. But who works on a sunday? God please help me. This was the only thing left in my life, after working for the entire day now the entire night I have to think of a reason which doesn't sound lies. I was thinking about it and slept.

Aarav's POV:

Vihaan called me at 9:30 and asked me to come home to discuss the proposals. As soon as I got down from my car I saw Shivani. She had something in her hand.We both smiled at each other and came in. She then went up to her room because she was tired. I met aunty she was very happy to see me again, she hugged me then we talked for a while aunty got a call so she asked me to go on top to Vihaan's room.I knocked at the door and I heard Shivani ask "Who is it?"

I didn't answer. I just stood outside waiting for her to open the door for obvious reasons. She opened the door and looked at me and asked "what?" She sounded like she would kill me so I got all apologetic and said that I was looking for Vihaan's room but came to hers. She directed me to his room and was closing the door but I held the door she was shocked. These heart feelings will get me killed someday I was thinking in my head. Just to cover up I asked if she had decided the place to which she gave me a blank look. Her look made me think for a second if she actually told me a yes or it was just my dream.(Hahaha I know am funny :P) 

Because I am spontaneous I reminded her the real conversation. She was shocked like she had forgotten something. I was really happy when she told yes but now I feel she will not come. I even asked her if there was a problem but she just said that it was work so even I said okay and left. I am not at all looking forward to sunday because I know she will not come. I just want to know what could be the reason for her to react like that. " Is she going for a date? But if she was actually going then why did she tell me a yes in the evening and now, now she could have told a no" I was just thinking all this and became really upset. If she was dating someone I would be really jealous of that guy. I have to ask Vihaan now and if it takes I'll even tell him how I feel for her.

I opened his room door he was working on his laptop.

Aarav: Hey Vihaan.

Vihaan: Hey bro. Sit. What will you have. Beer? Whisky? Champaign?

Aarav: Nothing, I don't want anything, I was really sad. The thought of her dating someone itself made me really sad.

Vihaan: Why? What happened? Why are you so upset?

Aarav: Just like that. Don't feel like..

Vihaan: I went to him and asked, he still said nothing. I then got two glasses of whisky and gave him one."Look Aarav if you're not in the mood we can discuss this later. Let's just chill tonight", I said concerned.

Aarav: No dude, I am fine. Seriously. Let's work.

Vihaan: Okay. Let's drink and then we'll start. 

Both of us had 3-4 drinks and then we were lying on the bed and just talking about our life and all the memories we had in school and abroad. Then we were discussing how our lives will be after marriage, how we'll handle our kids, then their marriage, our retirement plans etc. We had discussions on all the topics which we would not think of when we were sober.

Aarav: Vihaan.. You have found Shanaya. Your family is also cool with it, both of you will get married but what about Shivani? Are you looking for her? Or does she have someone in mind?

Vihaan: Hmmm. Shivani...I don't think she is dating because if she did she would definitely tell.. I think mom dad will start looking for her.

Aarav: Really? I was very happy when he said that she is not , I asked with joy. 

Vihaan looked at me.

Vihaan: Why are you sooo happy for that?

Aarav: uhh. It's just surprising inspite of her being so successful and pretty she's still single, so you know people like me can have a chance, I said and winked.

Vihaan: I laughed and said," yeah at times I feel that too. I would really love it if you know something happens between the two of you, already both your fight like how couples do so you never know.. you may have a chance".. I said and I winked. Even he started laughing..

Do you like her? I asked him seriously.