written march•21•2016

surprise mother fucker
lemme kno what y'all think...
enjoy!

Phil's POV.

All the- Small things.
True care- Truth brings.

Blink-182 blasts in my headphones as the smell of gasoline fills my nose from the taxi cab.

University, here I come, I think to myself.
I turn my hand to shake it out of its stiffness, making my slim wrist crack.

Realizing I've arrived to my new home for a while, I look through the window beside me and smile.

The green grass filled with students made me feel cold, but it gave me the impression of freedom.

I sighed and looked back at my iPhone, listening to the familiar song playing through my earbuds.

Feeling something small tap my shoulder, I turn my head towards the driver quickly.
The Hispanic man pointed at my window and the back seat as he spoke quickly in Spanish.

I only know a few words, but it was easy to comprehend.
"Oh, yes, thank you." I respond back, getting out of the car and into the outside world.
Suddenly I wanted to crawl back into the car and drive back to my home with my mum. But I didn't.
Instead, I walked to the trunk of the cab and grabbed my stuff.

It wasn't a lot, just clothes, shoes, little accessory things, decoration, and my own pillows.
Closing the trunk of the cab, I walk to the driver side and smile at the man, "Thank you, sir."

"Sí, sí," he nods.
I reach into my pocket and hand him the money I owe. "Oh, Gracias."

"Yeah, no problem!" I lift my hand in a you're welcome and it's no big deal kind of way.

He nods and drives off.
I step onto the grass of the school and breath in the fresh air.

Love is... is what I got.
I said remember that!
Love is... is what I got! Played through my earbuds.
I probably changed the song on accident while getting my stuff.

I take the earbuds out and realize the same song is playing out here.
I guess it was just the public radio.

I walk forward and see that a lot of people are here, only knowing exactly what I know.

Because I got a tour of the school beforehand, I knew where to go and how to get there.
By that I mean I know where my dorm is, but not my future.

To be honest, what's this editing and multimedia designing going to do for me? No one's going to want some amateur artist to do their web work.

I walk with my head tall as I make it to my dorm building.

There seemed to be different cliques around, as that one song don't worry about a thing played.

Cause every little thing...
is gonna be alright!

I slightly shook my head at the Jamaican styled music drifting as I stepped into my building.

I heard nothing but my footsteps as I walked up the stairs to dorm number 231.
From my tour a while ago, I remember that there were two different dorm numbered rooms.

Male and female.

Thinking about my room, I try to remember what floor it was on.
Two?
Three?

Two.

I was on the right floor by now, so I just started walking.

I pass the door numbers and stare at them carefully.
228.
229.
230.
231.