"For fucks sake," I heard Dan angrily say as Y/N and I walked into the dormitory. It seemed that Dan had dropped a beer bottle on the ground, glass shattered in pieces as the boy cussed at himself.

"Oh, don't even worry, Daniel," Tyler said, walking to a closet for a broom.

"Don't call me that." Dan said back, no emotion.

His dorm room was the same size as mine and Dan's. How many people are going to be at this party? There's not much space.

Tyler finished cleaning up the broken mess and stood up to grab the cases of beers that sat at a desk. Twelve packs in each hand. She started to head for the door to exit and I moved out of the way. "So, where is the party going to be?" I asked.

"Well, not here," Tyler laughed. "This is too small, we're heading for the field. Like, behind the building. Bleachers." His voice has drifted as he kept walking down the hall holding most of the drinks.

"He can't walk around like that," Dan mentioned. "He's going to get in trouble."

"Well, let's pray not," Y/N smiled as she picked up a plastic blue bucket. It was large, and I wondered what she was going to do with it. "Here, Dan, put those in here and grab that blanket."

My roommate set in a case of beers inside the bucket she held. A twenty four pack. He walked towards two beds and looked around, searching. "What fucking blanket?"

"The light one. Not the ginormous duvet."

There was a knitted—or...quilt—blanket that Dan had picket up and placed on top of the case of beers that was in the bucket. They were hiding the alcohol.

"Is this an annual thing?"

"I'm guessing. I hear tons of people talk about it and no staff or anything seem to care." Daniel shrugged. "I'm just excited to find some guys," he chuckled with a half smile.
She rolled her eyes, "lets hurry. Tyler shouldn't be alone with those beers."

"Right."

We quickly walked out of the dorm and closed the door. I felt bad for being the one not carrying anything, especially with her holding something so heavy. I walked quickly next to her so she can hear me. "Do you need help?"

"Huh," she turned to me and smiled. "No, it's fine. I've got it."

Dan was holding a box of snacks—like crisps and cookies—and balanced a few pillows on top of them. She said we had to be comfortable if we're going to attend this thing.

"Are you sure? I can take it," I hesitated to continue my insistent, but she refused once again.

"Phil, it's fine. We're almost there, and I need the exercise anyways," she laughed as she spoke. I sighed softly in defeat. I wanted to help—help her—and show that I'm boyfriend material.

I didn't realize how dark it actually was outside until we officially left the building. The bleachers weren't full, as the majority of the students were on the field. A game of beer pong was placed in the middle of the green grass and I can see Tyler playing as we walked up the bleacher steps, heading towards the top.

"Don't go all the way," Dan said. "If someone gets drunk, we don't want them to get hurt trying to go up these metal death traps."

I laughed at that.

"Well, let's stop here," she offered. We were nearly located at the middle of the seats. It was a perfect stop.

Dan put down the pillows and box he held and ran down the steps towards the field.

"Don't fall," she shouted at my roommate. He hadn't turned around but turned his middle finger toward us. I giggled and sat down.

I watched this girl in front of me put down the blue bucket she was carrying and take out the blanket that rested on top of the beers. She handed it to me, "could you hold this?" I nodded and took it as she pulled out the beer cans and opened the twenty four pack. She then placed each can into the bucket. "Easy access," she mumbled. When she had two more left, she took them both in her hand and sat beside me. She held the can up towards me. I took it.

She seemed so calm out here and I resisted the urge to stare at her longer than five seconds. I continuously sipped on my intoxicated beverage until I thought of a conversation starter. I wanted to talk. I wanted to talk to her so badly.

"Do you drink often?" She asked. There she goes, making the first move again.

"No. But I do drink," I shrug. "I'm not a light weight or anything."

She nodded as she drank from her can. Suddenly, music was blasting from a speaker near the field, making people ooh at the noise.

Bound 2—Kanye West.

I turned to the girl beside me, about to ask something, but her features caught my eye. Her cheeks were filled when she smiled. What was she smiling at? Probably at Dan, who started singing along to the music in his ears. Her eye lashes fit perfect to her gorgeous eyes. Who hasn't fallen for her? They must've been blind, as I couldn't figure out how to look away. She turned to me quickly and I swear I jumped out of my skin. I hesitated to start a conversation. "Do you date?"

She chuckled at me. Why, Phil? Why did you ask that, is that even a real question?

I cleared my throat as she responded with a, "I haven't in a while." I asked why and she sighed and stared forward. "Why would I if no one has asked?" She leaned near me and whispered, "I kind of play hard-to-get. I think they just give up later, honestly."

I gave a lopsided smile as she leaned out, sitting up straight again. She took another sip of her beer. I wanted to ask more questions. I wanted to listen to her for hours. I wanted to hear her smart comments and laughter and I want to hold her when she cries and push her when she's being stupid and love her when she needs it most.

I took another sip of my beer and turned away. I need to calm myself down. It's been nearly a week. I'm here for my studies.

Not for love interest.
Especially when their not interested in you.