"Under the sheets."

"No."

"Tops and bottoms."

"No."

"Birds and bees."

"Stop talking to me."

"Pigs in a blanket."

"Ew, that one's just... no," I shook my head, cackling. I held a stack of CD's I was supposed to be putting away, standing at the front counter. Dan had been waiting for me to get off of my shift. It was late and she had work to do. I was going to head to her place after I clock out. Dan was trying to get information out of me from last night, which is not happening. I walked to the rack I was assigned to and Dan followed.

"I didn't see the condoms I handed you come back!" Dan leaned against the disc rack as I placed CD's in the shelves.

"I threw them out, alright, can you just-"

"You didn't use them? What a waste." I rolled my eyes at him and placed the last CD. "We're going to her place, right?"

"Mhm," I stood straight and went back to the front counter and clocked out, taking off any additional clothes from my uniform and began to head out, Dan close behind.

"So, it's official? You two are a thing?" Dan laughed. "I can't believe this. I totally called it! Emma thought you were gay, too."

I rolled my eyes as Dan caught up beside me, walking along the pavement. "Blackery thought I was gay?"

"Don't listen to her, she thinks she's so clever and funny, but she's not." He chuckled, obviously joking, and I laughed too. "But you like her, huh?"

"Who, Emma?"

"Are you fucking with me, Lester, no, are you in love with the bloody queen?" His sarcasm wasn't surprising, and I took it to no offense. I shrugged.

"Yeah. Of course. Just because we didn't have sex, or anything, doesn't mean I don't have feelings for her." Dan nodded, staying quiet and I continued. "She's so... nice. Gorgeous. Clever."

"Personally, I think she's a bit annoying," my roommate joked more. I hit his arm and he chuckled.

"You're annoying."

Dan nodded and we crossed the street, getting closer to the Uni. "Glad I can be of service."

"Glad I can have you." I turned to him and he was smiling, facing the school. I smiled, looking back at the school, too.

"Christmas is coming."

"Indeed it is."

"Are you buying her anything?"

My stomach sank and felt empty along with my head. I chuckled, playing it off. "Of course." Dan raised an eyebrow and I shrugged it off, "I just don't know what." He clicked his tongue as he shook his head in disappointment. I cringed at the sound, "can you not do that?"

"You need to figure out what she likes."

"I know what she likes, we're dating," was my argument.

"Then? What does she like?" I rubbed the back of my head and shrugged.

"Me...?" Dan chuckled.

"She likes you?"

"Can you not tease me at a time like this?" I complained as he laughed about his small previous joke.