"Paper," she says as she leans on the counter I stood at. No one was here except her and a few of my new coworkers. The record shop was turning to be one of my favorite places to go— especially because she enjoys tagging along.

"Paper?"

"It smells like some kind of paper. Like... old paper. Books." Her hands intertwined together as she speaks.

"Ma'am, this is a record store, buy an album or get out." I tried to refrain from laughing and succeeded as she rolled her eyes at my witty comment. I smile warmly, showing her I was only joking.

"I think I like this place," she looks around at the CDs hung on the walls and guitars held from the ceiling. The beige color of the room mixed with multicolored albums and covers made her smirk. "Aesthetically pleasing?"

"The only reason I'm here is for the tumblr photos," I joke. She smiles widely, laughing a bit. I watch as her cheeks grow into a large smile and fade from her natural skin tone to a slight red color.
I suddenly feel like I need to ask her out. Out out. I want her now; even if that's something I usually wouldn't feel or do or say but I'm feeling different.

God, no, she's turning me on. Inappropriate timing. Inappropriate in general.

Her hand ruffles through her hair and fixes it again. I unintentionally slam my palm against the counter I stood at and bite my bottom lip, resisting the urge to completely go nuts. Pun intended.

Her eyes widen toward me and she begins to cackle. "You alright there, Phil?"

"Yeah," I nod, picking up my hand and staring at the palm of it. "Just... thought I saw a bug."

"Well, don't kill it! Gently move it away or something. They have feelings too."

I try to change the subject and slowly place my hand down back on the counter. "Shouldn't you be working? Studying?"

She shrugs and turns back to face the store. "It seems to me you're trying to get rid of me."

It'd be the best option, but I shake my head. "Never." She silently laughs with a smirk.

"I should be finishing work right now, but I don't want to. I rather be here- I like it here!"

She's not talking about me, I know she's not talking about me. I turn to where she's staring and notice a Marilyn Monroe poster. "The shop is beautiful."

I can see her looking at me from the corner of my eye and I turn back at her. She quickly turns back toward the poster and I refrain from laughter. "You're adorable," I mumble. My eyes widen with surprise, as I question my previous actions. I wasn't suppose to say that out loud, and for some reason, I did.

I turn away again and look down at my shoes and behind the counter. Through the glass, that revealed little knickknacks, I saw her legs cross and uncross repeatedly. She must be uncomfortable.

"We should see a movie." Now I was just spitting out words. Words I didn't know if be able to put together into one sentence. I was questioning myself and what I was doing. Who am I? Who is this Philip Michael Lester that sounded so confident around the person he loves?

"Really?" I couldn't tell if she turned to me, if she hadn't already, as my attention was still directed downward. "What movie?"

I look up at her. She's now staring at the Elvis Presley guitar and anything around it. I shrug. "Forest Gump."

Now she turned to me and I started laughing nervously. "It's the first thing that came to mind!" My high pitched voice came out and I began to clear my throat.

"Forest Gump isn't a bad movie," she agrees. "Date?"

My eyes widen in surprise and anxiety and anything in between. She hasn't said yes, technically.

"Tomorrow...?" I can feel the sweat beginning to form on my forehead and I'm terrified of her answer.

"Tomorrow is fine. My actual question is, however," I grind my teeth, waiting for her to continue. "Where are we going to find the movie Forest Gump?"

"Oh, I have it. I can use my laptop and we can chill." Chill. Chill? I used the word chill and I'm becoming a new person. "I mean, not chill but, I guess, relax or something. Chips. Chips is what I meant, we can eat while the movie plays." She giggles and I'm glad she finds this humorous.

"Okay. Tomorrow. My place or yours?"

Dan's easy to cope with getting out of the dorm. "Mine. Come whenever you can."

"Okay. I guess I should be going then and finish my work today rather than rain check our plans." She smiles and starts to walk away. "See you around, Phil."

"Bye." I raise my hand in a greet and she exits the store. I can see her through the windows, walking toward the college. I watch as she crosses the road and is out of sight for me to clock out and head to the book store. I search for any DVDs, and with my luck, Forest Gump, along with other movies, are stacked in a neat pile in front of the cashier. I pick it up and pay for my movie with all the movie I've earned from working across the street– the only money I had.