"Canned soup," Dan said excitedly, holding up a finger in idea.

"What? No," I laughed as I sat up to face him. He sat at the desk provided by the college with his phone in hand, legs crossed. "Wha- why?"

"Canned soup. Think about it," he protested against my questioning. "If someone asked you "hey, wanna go on a date?" and you wanted to say no but say yes, where would you go and what would you order?"

"Why would you say yes?" He scoffed and rolled his eyes.

"He was cute, alright?" I laughed at that, rolling my own eyes. He stared at me in a feared way. "You don't have a problem with that, do you?" What's he talking about?

I stared back at him dumbfounded, shaking my head, "of course not, why would I?"

He smiles, "good. You don't know how many times I had to ask for a new roommate because of it." I felt pity as his facial features rose in a smile. He was talking about his sexuality.

"Really?"

"No. I was just hoping you wouldn't be the first." He waved the topic away, turning to me again, "anyways, you'd invite him to your own place and serve him canned soup."

"Why do you keep referring it to canned soup," I try to refrain from laughing.

"Why would you refer to the queen as queen? Because she's the queen," he pointed at his phone, eyes widening as he was making a statement. "And this is canned soup."

I chuckled. "Okay, okay. Canned soup. You'd serve him canned soup."

"Wouldn't you?"

If someone asked me out that I didn't want to date, I'd say no. Plenty. That's it. End of story.
If Y/N asked me out, I'd say yes in a heartbeat. I shake my head and chuckle as I through my hands in the air carelessly, "sure."

"What flavor?"

I roll my eyes, "I don't know," I say. "Tomato."

"Boring-est shit I've ever tasted. Like, put some salt in that, lord."

I bursted into laughter at his odd hatred for tomato soup.

Daniel snaps his fingers and winks before typing furiously into his phone.

Is that what I would look like if I got a hold of her number? Would I constantly be messaging her, asking what she was doing, how she was doing it, does she do it often, when isn't she doing it, could you some time— take a break from it to come and see me..

He has to have her number.
Maybe I can ask him today. Maybe I'll be able to see her today.

About to speak up about my thoughts, my roommate does before me. "We're going to meet with the guys again."

I smile and stand up, "alright." He stands from his position and gags.

"Tomato soup. It's almost as boring as saying the word orange."

۝

I didn't know a lot about the university and what was around it. Our meet up was located at a Starbucks, which I have never noticed was there.

We all ordered and paid for our own drinks. She wasn't there. Yet, I hope.
Dan got a normal hot chocolate and I ordered a caramel frappuccino. Sitting down at a booth in the corner of the place allowed us all to fit at the table. If she ended up arriving late, will there be any room left?