"Kanye West is a God-"

"Kanye West is just like any other unappreciative rapper out there in the universe." Someone protested against Dan's statement, but I wasn't paying attention to who. I just know it wasn't her.

It was late and everyone decided on hanging out at our dorm—which is fine. My excuse for being quiet in the corner of my bed was because I had some essay thing due tomorrow and I was tired and stressed. Which wasn't true, but they didn't need to know that I was actually pondering over why her and we haven't been talking lately.

I stared into the corner of the room with a beer in my hand, taking small sips here and there. I didn't know how to react if I don't feel like my normal happy self.
I blame it on the lovesick heart I own.

My bed began to vibrate, confusing me until I find that I was sitting on my phone. I rolled my eyes at myself and picked up the device. She had texted me.

he was a boy. and she was a girl. can I make it anymore obvious.

It was a song lyric, I know it was. I wasn't sure if I should reply back with a different lyric or correct her on punctuation. She sat across the room on Dan's bed next to him.

are you sleepy?

I respond back. She was leaning on his shoulder but staring deeply at her phone in hand, typing quickly.

is it that obvious? I can already see myself crashing here. might leave soon.

No, I thought to myself. No, don't leave.

I can walk you, if you want. This place is giving me a headache.

It wasn't. I was fine. I just wanted to spend more time with her, but I couldn't think of any other way.

well if you're going to come with me we might as well leave.

Why can't I make the first move? Ever? I want to be the one to ask her out and lift her with my compliments.

where would we go?

I want fro yo

honest to god

praise.

I laughed a bit and so did she. She didn't move her gaze from her screen but I did. I wanted to take a picture, but a mental one will have to do.

i want marshmallows.

what a phil thing to say

stop bullying me before I report you

uh oh guess I should do what you say or else I'll be reported and blocked :'(

I can see the open door allowing me to ask her out. To go somewhere. Get out of here. We can head to her dorm, fall sleep there. I was so excited to type in the question that my heart started beating faster than it already was.

let's head to your dorm. rumor has it you own the rarest sweets.

where'd you hear that?