One

Morgan in the mm

Hello my loves. This is something different from my other books and I'm so excited about it. I really hope y'all enjoy it. I was scared to write it I'm still a little hesitant but I believe it'll be great pls I have so much in store for it. Anyway enjoy enjoy enjoy!

•••

It was mid July in Houston and the sun shined brightly in the city sky. Traffic moved swiftly outside of Gifted dance studio. Morgan clasped her hands together admiring her class of ten consisting of girls that aged from five to eight. She could see herself in each one of them. The passion to dance radiating through each of their bodies as they flowed in sync to the beat of the soft ballet music that filled the room.

Turning the music off after they'd completed their number she told them how great a job they'd done before dismissing them to their parents. Admiring herself in the mirror she took down her bun that had begun to fall and attempted to get it back as neat as she'd had it before.

Finishing her hair she slipped out of her ballet flats and into her tennis shoes. Turning off the lights in the studio room she used to teach her classes she headed towards the front.

The lobby was filled with women of every race and body type. They all wore numbers taped to their shirts as they stood in a line that started inside the studio and led all the way around the building. This was the first time she'd ever seen her God mothers studio so packed.

Maneuvering through the crowd of young women Morgan spotted her God sister Latrice sitting behind the help desk. Sitting down in the empty seat next to her she swiveled around in the chair.

"What the hell is going on in here?" Morgan asked as she finally stopped spinning and looked up at Latrice.

"Oh you didn't hear? We were chosen to hold auditions here today. Some big shot is looking for the best dancer in town for his new video." Latrice shrugged popping a grape into her mouth.

"How did we get so lucky?"

"You know my mom knows a lot of people in the industry that she's choreographed for. I guess word gets around."

Nodding her head Morgan stole a grape from Latrice's bowl as she watched the different sets of girls make their way in. They all held this certain confidence as if they knew who ever it was hosting this audition was going to pick them. She'd wished she had that same confidence when it came to her dancing.

Everyone around her could see the raw talent that exploded out of her as soon as she hit the dance floor, but Morgan on the other hand was her own biggest critic. She couldn't see her own greatness and it was her biggest down fall.

"I don't pay you girls to lounge. This will be one of our busiest days and I'm going to need all the help I can get to keep the commotion down. Mr.Alsina is one to like things very precise and in order. Of all places to go he chose to come here and I will not let him down. Chop! Chop ladies." Deborah who was Morgan's God mother and Latrice's mother spoke before snapping her fingers and walking away.

"She's so dramatic." Morgan mumbled under her breath.

Usually Latrice would chime in about her mother's queen ways but this time she said nothing. Morgan looked over at her and noticed a look of shock and excitement glint in her eyes.

"What are you over there thinking?" Morgan asked now curious to know what had her sister so shook.

"Did you not hear who the big shot is that's coming to hold these auditions today?"