Twenty-Six

I hope y'all feel bad for talking nasty about my August last chapter too. Respek my baby name and I ain't gone say it no mo'.

•••

August sat in the cold metal chair with his hands clasped together. His leg shook out of habit. He'd planned his whole day out only for it to be ruined. He still didn't understand why they had him here as if he was the suspect.

"Mr. Alsina?" The officer came in causing August to lift his head from its downward position.

"Yea das me." The officer have a polite smile that wasn't returned. Noticing August's irritation the officer took a seat cutting right to the chase.

"I know you are probably a little confused as to why you were brought here and that's understandable. I do apologize for inconveniencing you."

"Why am I hea' das what I need ta' kno'." August leaned forward from his slouched position twisting his hair out of habit.

"Are you familiar with a Camille Taylor? It's stated that you were last seen leaving her residence last Wednesday." The officer flipped through his notepad as August furrowed his eyebrows in confusion.

"Yea I kno' of her das about it tho'." He didn't lie but he didn't tell the truth either. He was wondering what the hell she had to do with him.

"She was your teacher at Worthing correct?"

"Man if you know all dis shit already what da fuck you askin' fa'. What about her?"

"You're right I apologize it's just protocol. The day you went by her house was there a young man there?"

August hadn't thought twice about the little boy until now.

"Her son right? Yea he came home from school I'm guessin' as I was leavin'." The officer nodded jotting everything August said down.

"She told you he was her son?"

August began to put two and two together.

"Na I jus' assumed he was since he called her ma'." August cleared his throat pinching at his neck.

When he was staying with Camille she didn't have any kids and suddenly she had a child who was well over seven years old. The time frame didn't add up.

"Mrs. Taylor doesn't have any children Mr. Alsina birthed nor adopted."

August felt his throat become dry as he thought back to when people assumed he was Camille's child.

"Now I'm sure I don't have to explain what going in here. I was told from others that you and Mrs. Taylor had a similar relationship." He raised an eyebrow at August while passing him a bottle of water.

"Na I think you got me confused wit somebody else. We ain't have no relationship. She was my teacha' and das it." He took a swig of the water.

"Well we have reason to believe that she's doing more than just teaching and Kevin won't admit to anything. It would be of great help if you could give us something to work with." Raising up from the seat August grabbed his coat.

"I'm sawry I can't help you. If das' all I'll be goin' na." The officer shook his head. He was sure that what ever was happening with Kevin had happened to August as well.

Before August could leave he handed him his card.

"Think about it and if you remember anything give me a call." August nodded sliding the card into the front pocket of his jacket and exiting the police station.