Two

August in the mm 😋

                                 •••

Morgan watched as the girls audition for August and his peers as she stood in the back out of the way. Each girl possessed a different quality adding their own spin to the choreography. She had no idea how they were going to choose just one girl. In her mind they were all great.

"You know you should be out there right?" Nathan one of the other workers said from behind her causing her to jump and grasp her chest.

"You startled me Nate." Morgan said still in shock from his unannounced approach.

Nathan held his hands up surrendering while chuckling at how flushed her cheeks had become.

"It's not funny." She pouted hitting his chest causing him laugh more and her to join him.

By this time they'd gained an audience that they were unaware of. The dancers had stopped performing as August held his hand up ceasing them from continuing. They all turned in the direction of Morgan and Nate.

August had been watching her the entire time. He'd barely paid any attention to anything else since he'd arrived. Something about her grasped his attention.

Her laugh was captivating, he imagined himself making her laugh in that manner. It was out of his element to think that way of a woman he didn't even know. It was as if she had him under some type of trance.

August didn't like the thought of someone controlling his actions. For he was the one in control. In every aspect he called the shots. He was the boss.

Looking around the room as every set of eyes were glued to her Morgan felt her palms moisten with sweat. Rubbing them up and down her tights she looked around before meeting eyes with him. He said nothing as he merely peered at her and her acquaintance. He held the same unreadable expression upon his face before finally speaking.

"Are you guy finished? We'd hate ta' interrupt." His elbows rested upon the table he sat behind while he laced his fingers together.

The room erupted in laughter before August looked around as if daring them to release another snicker. The room fell silent again.

Feeling embarrassed Morgan stuttered trying to find her words. "I.. I umm-"

August could sense he made her nervous. It wasn't rare to him his presence intimidated people a lot. "You what exactly?" He countered.

"I apologize. Please continue." She rushed out her sentence before pushing past Nate and scurrying out of the room with the little confidence she had left. He'd only spoken two sentences to her and she felt as if he'd judged her like a book. As if he'd ripped her clothes off in front of the entire city.

Taking a seat upon one of the benches that decorated the studio hallway she placed her head in her hands. She could feel the body heat next to her as someone took up the open space beside her. "You alright? That dude has to get over hisself." Nate rambled beside her causing her to look up.

"No, we should have respected the fact that he was conducting business." She said taking full blame.

"Do you hear yourself? You let out one chuckle and he was all ready to stop the presses. Like get over yourself dude."