Thirty-Nine

Hey my loves.
Ok so this book has one more chapter 😭. I know so fast but it's because I'm starting a new book and y'all will love it I promise. Anyway I'll do a sequel to this eventually but for now chapter 40 will be the end.

•••

Sitting in the cold seat Morgan shook her leg as she nervously bit her nails. Paparazzi stood outside the Oakland county jail trying to get a glimpse of at least one of the two famous men who were inside.

Morgan had called everyone of August's people she could think of to inform them of what happened. She knew that once the media caught wind of the situation they'd blow the whole thing out of proportion and blame her. She didn't want to be the cause of him being bashed publicly for a situation that was somewhat her fault.

Thinking about everything another hour passed before the door with the husky guard who was rude upon her arrival opened and she could see August being walked out.

Standing to her feet Morgan played with her charm bracelet as she waited for the cuffs to be removed from his wrists.

Once they'd finally un cuffed him August rubbed at his sore wrists before looking up at Morgan. His irritated frown soon turned into a smile as he let her ingulf him in a hug. Her arms locked tightly around his neck as his were around her waist.

Neither said much of anything as their body language spoke everything they were feeling in that moment. The officer behind the desk released August's property over to him before making him sign some papers.

Once they were free to leave the jail the ride back to the hotel was quiet on Morgan's behalf. August on the other hand multitasked with driving and trying to explain what happened at the game to his publicist.

"I mean da nigga disrespected me and mine period. I'm a man I ain't gone let no nigga disrespect me and not handle da shit." August huffed annoyed slamming his fist into the steering wheel.

Morgan jumped a little she couldn't hear what his publicist Maranda was saying on the other end but she knew she wasn't agreeing with August's decision.

"I don't give a fuck how da media portray me. Da media don't kno' me therefore I ain't gotta explain shit ta' dem. My lady was disrespected and as her man I handled it. If Drake wanna sue ova' a fight he started and I finished den he a bitch and I'll see him in court." August spat into the phone before handing it up.

His chest rose and fell as he'd picked up his speed indicating that he was indeed upset. Grabbing his hand Morgan rubbed the pad of her thumb over his sore knuckles calming him a little. The muscles in his jaw relaxed as he licked over his lips looking over at her.

Admiring her face he brought her hand to his lips kissing it as he let a small smile creep onto his face. There was no way he could deny the love he had for the woman that sat next to him. He was going to marry her. He was going to give her the family that he longed for as a child. He was going to love her unconditionally as she did him.

When they made it to the hotel Morgan ran a bath. August had gotten another call and she let him handle it as she soaked in the tub.

She let her hands tired through the water before bringing her hand up to admire the ring he'd given her. She didn't know if he knew but she appreciated everything he'd done for her that day.