17. Invasion of the night

Short side story line for future events. :]

Chapter 17 - Invasion of the night.

*Rebecca's P.O.V*

My eyes were pressed shut firmly together, even thought my body jolted awake I was too scared to open my eyes. I had been in Hospital for 4 days now and ever since I kept having nightmares. Cold shivers ran up my spine, my hands trembling and gripping onto the sheets tightly thinking I would be ripped from the safety of my bed

Liam hadn't come to visit me since he left in a bad mood thinking me getting hurt was all his fault. It wasn't, I guess it was my own curiosity which got me in trouble in over time maybe Liam would accept that.

I was slightly ticked off he ignored me messages and didn't bother to see me but I kind of know how Liam feels so I don't want to be too harsh on him.

Ever since I arrived in the hospital, In the middle of the night I would awaken screaming because of the nightmares of the robotic men coming for me, it was terrifying and it felt beyond real but it clearly wasn't. I hope. I prayed that maybe Scott, Liam or Lydia may be able to help me explain this but whenever Lydia came to visit me, I couldn't remember anything that happened in the dream because it was like a blurry vision.

The only thing I could remember was being taken away by them, dragged down multiple dark and grimy corridors which seemed like a labyrinth. I knew that something bad was going to happen I could almost sense it. It felt like a build up of death was about to break through the walls of our reality.

Something bad was going to happen again, I know because it's the middle of the night and the door to my room had just opened. The hairs on the back of my neck were standing on end. My lip were nervously twitching and being tugged between both sets of my teeth. I felt slightly insane, like my imagination was running wild.

Well I can't deny the fact I mean I live in a world where Banshee's, werewolves and kitsunes are real. I mean if these things are real then I'm pretty sure witches, unicorns and Vampires are too.

I clenched my eyes shut, not wanting to open my eyes; I could already see/sense someone there. I could feel someone standing over me and watching me in a lurking kind of way. Fear rose through me, managing to twist into every part of my body and engulfing it. I felt like a snake was twisting and hissing through out my whole body, bringing fear and terror in it's wake.

I so desperately wanted to open my eyes to take a small peak at the intruder but I didn't dare until I felt a cold leather glove touch my face. Heavy sounding boots walked closer to me and a metallic clicking filled the room like cogs grinding  against each other. The sound made me cringe breaking from my facade of sleep.

I held my breath pretending to be dead, even though these things already knew I was alive. They were coming for me again but I don't know why. Why would they want me? I'm just Rebecca Martin, I'm useless.

"Rebecca" One of them spoke, well guessing he spoke. His words seemed to come through some kind of voice sympathiser which created crackles and screeches like nails being pulled down a chalk board. His voice made fear rush to my cheeks, I could feel the blood dripping from my body and my skin growing colder.

"We're - not - ready yet" It spoke again, the crackles digging themselves deeper into my mind, salted tears started to pour out my shut eyes and I started to shake violently. "Your condition will improve" The mechanical man spoke again making me shiver.

My eyes opened and I did something stupid: I screamed. My body shot up from the bed, my voice shrilling aloud in the room. My voice somehow seemed to disrupt the mechanical men, there hands gripped at their helmets like my voice was impaling nails into their flesh, I attempted to hoist myself from the bed multiple times failing at first but than managing to succeed.

After I crawled from the comfort of my hospital bed I moved as fast as I could, which isn't very fast since I got stabbed by some rusty sword, towards the door. One of the robot men raised his fist at the door, it glowing blue as a pulse was given from his arm which shut the door like magic.

My breath was knocked from my gut, like I had been punched repeatedly. The man flung a wooden cane in his hand which came in contact with my foot which made me loose my balance and stumble. I slipped, placing my hands on the floor but pushed myself back to my feet.

I twisted my head, my voice came out like a weapon, I held my hands out and pushed against the robotic man with the cane, my voice forming circles sound waves which erupted from my mouth as I screamed.

The robot flew backwards slamming himself against the wall as I stared dumbfounded at my hands. How the hell did I just do that? One of the other two robots tilted their heads towards the floor like they were examining me. I quickly threw my hair out my face, getting ready to somewhat fight for my own freedom.

A loud bang came from the door which made me jump in panic, a fist slammed against the door multiple times followed by a voice. "Rebecca, what's going on open the door!" Mrs McCall yelled, her body slamming against the door violently trying to open it.

The robot men seemed unfazed by Mrs McCalls order to open the door. Well they seem like villains for god sake, not like they are going to open the door. The men took a step closer in unison which sort of freaked me out more than I currently am.

It was like the fear broke in me, the once little and afraid girl of death morphed into some kind of brave hero. "She - is  learning" The dread doctor crackled out, his voice in small muffles. "She -will help -us"

Images flashed through my mind, pictures of a man on fire carrying a dead body through the woods. A girl was rested in his arms and she was covered in black soot like she had been singed by electricity. The expression on the girls face was a look of heartbreak like she had just been ripped apart emotionally.

She was being carried towards a big tree stump where a pile of dead body lay decomposing. The familiar burning man placed the dead body down on the stump but then I realised something. The dead girl, the girl who had the darkest spark in her eyes was in fact me.

"She will remember" One of the robotic men turned to the other, his voice sounding emotionless. Something you would expect dressed as a creep. "Who is he, who is it" The robot breathed out in loud huffs. I shook my head not understanding what I was being asked while I gawked in shock.

"Mellissa!" I yelled out, moving slowly on the balls of my feet. I needed to think smartly, they were probably here to kill me. They probably were like the other assassins; they wanted to finish violets job off.

"Call Scott!" I screamed out hoping that she was able to hear me, the Robot leader looked slightly alarmed and I used that as it's weakness. "Yes that's right, I know Scott McCall" I stated proudly. The robot only just tilted his head at me.

  "His a true Alpha who will kick your tin can ass" I hissed pointing at the dread doctors like I was issuing a threat. They let out deep breathes which seemed like a heavy laugh "You will die now" his fazing voice bounced through the room. My slightly smiling lips faltered into a heavy frown and alarm flickered in my eyes. The robot leader extended their hand and a blue wave shot out his arm, once the wave hit me I was thrown back.

My body flew through the air like a pile of feathers. A high pitched shriek left my lips bouncing off the walls. My scream was so loud I think the whole of Beacon Hills could hear it,  I was pushed through the air, my body hit the window which smashed. Small chunks of glass embedded themselves into my fleshy back as I fell out the window. Air rushing through my hair and biting harshly against my exposed skin as I fell further towards my death.

*****

Like I said before this is a slight side line story to prepare for future events. I get bored quite a lot if I just do teen wolf story lines so I try to break it up a bit with different things.

Question: What do you think the 'robotic men' want with Rebecca?