18. The Death Call

Chapter 18. The Death Call

*Liam's P.O.V*

I was tapping my fingers against the dash board of Stile's jeep, my other hand resting on my chin whilst my teeth bit down on my nails anxiously.  My knee was flying up and down at a rapid pace which only just added to the anxiety inside me.

"Hurry up!" I demanded, throwing my fist at the dash board making Stiles jump slightly at my actions. He opened his mouth to make some witty remark but I just sent him an inpatient glare warning him if he said the wrong thing he could possibly be losing his head.

He just sighed, pressing his foot harder on the peddle, the jeep jolted but managed to increase it's speed.

My thoughts and feeling were everywhere at the moment. All I can think of is her. I couldn't get Rebecca off my mind. I was at homeplaying video games with Mason and all I could hear was her scream. Heck, I think the whole of Beacon Hills heard her scream.

It was like her voice had been magnified and expelled through the whole of the town. Even Stiles heard it and he is literally half deaf. All I wanted right now was to see her safe and sound. I wanted to hold her in the safety and warmth of my arms. I wanted that look of danger to fade from her eye, the small glint which indicated to me her fear, which she seemed to have all the time.

All I wanted was to see her smile, that beautiful smile which I swear could make the whole world Stop. Her smile was so compelling it could crush my heart in my chest. All I wanted was my Rebecca to be alive and well. I'm not going to let anyone get in my way of seeing her, not Scott or his pack nor these assassin pricks.

Finally the jeep pulled up into the car park of the hospital and I wasted no time for Stiles' faffing, I had jumped out the jeep landing steadily on my two feet in a matter of seconds.

My eyes scanned the outside of the hospital which was crawling with police officers and tape cornering off what looked like a crime scene. My eyes locked onto Scott who was talking to his mother, she looked just as bewildered as anyone here.

My eyes kept scanning over the crowds of people gathered outside the hospital which must of been evacuated. It didn't matter how much my eyes scanned I couldn't find her. My heart started to shatter in my chest, a muscle in my jaw clenched. Anger was bubbling through me while my mind thought the worst.

What if the assassin came to kill her. What if her scream was so loud because it was her death cry.

I gritted my teeth, my eyes landing back on Mrs McCall, my mind started to point the blame at her. My feet started to pick up and I effortlessly sprinted over to Scott.

"What's going on?" I demanded with a vicious growl rushing out my throat but I guess I already kind of knew what had happened. Scott's face instantantly dropped to a look of regret.

"I don't know Liam" Scott deadpanned, he looked down at the floor. "What do you mean that you don't know!" I shouted out, my spit flying Scott's way. I was absolutely livid that Scott had no idea what the hell was going on. His meant to be the Alpha. His meant to know.

"It seemed like everyone heard her scream." Scott muttered, his eyes holding a look of remorse. "We think she got pushed out the window and someone took her" Scott motioned towards the droplets of blood on the pavement along with the shards of broken glass scattered along the floor like spilled sugar.

My stomach twisted along with my rage, my eyes glanced up at the shattered window which was on the third floor. I clenched my hands into fists letting small cracks emerge. "If she fell from the third floor she'd be dead" I spat.

Scott sighed, but nodded his head like he didn't want to believe it himself "I'm so sorry Liam".  My mind felt as if it wasn't functioning correctly, I felt like I was spinning at a thousand miles an hour, trapped inside a tornado being ripped to shreds. I was unable to make a rational thought, well any thoughts in fact. All I wanted was her, she kept me calm, she kept me human.