19. Beta's Confessions

Chapter 19- Beta's Confessions

*Rebecca's P.O.V*

Last night, after finding myself standing by a dead body in the water plant tunnels I was taken home by Scott and Stiles who had way too many questions for me to answer. My brain hurt like someone had drilled holes into my skull repeatedly.

I couldn't remember what happened, it was like a nightmare, a blur erupting through my memory. The last thing I can remember is waking up and seeing shadows. Shadows of men, then waking up standing in the water plant by that dead body.

When I arrived home my mother had many questions for me as well, wondering where I had been for 5 days and I had to lie. I said I stayed at Lydia's. Yet she would probably ring Aunt Natalie and figure out I was lying. It was only a matter of time till she figures out what I am.

Liam snuck in as well last night. He wanted to make sure I was okay, which I was. He told me he never wanted to leave me alone again, he told me he got me hurt by the berserker then let me go missing. I reminded him none of it was his fault, there was something bigger happening in Beacon Hills then any of us were aware about right now.

He stayed the night, his excuse was so he could make sure I didn't go missing again but I didn't mind him staying actually I quite enjoyed cuddling up to him and listening to his heart beat which lulled me back to sleep.

School the next day was a completely different story, I got weird and alarming glanced from anyone who saw me. I wasn't exactly the most liked person in school, yet the information of me going missing for 5 days didn't make anything better.

Liam walked me to every class, held my hand all the time and literally never let me out of his site. I know he was being protective but he needs to give me some space, I feel like I'm being closed in on by the supernatural and soon I'm going to pop. Liam needs to understand bad things happen to everyone, some people get it worst then other. I just want to go back to more normal life.

Right now, I'm at Liam's house. Well he basically forced me to stay at his tonight, I knew from the fear in his eyes that it was more than just my disappearance which influenced this idea. He had dark, purple bags resting under his eyes. He had hardly got much sleep and he was starting to look ill.

Mrs Dunbar kindly brought us Chinese take out, Liam was extremely quiet through dinner. He would only answer his mothers questions with one word answers or a nod/shake of the head. For me I had to do a lot of lying, I had to explain where I went to when I disappeared.

Luckily I could think of my feet and told Mrs Dunbar I went on a road trip with my cousin, luckily she fooled for it. Haha. I'm getting better at this lying thing.

I sat upstairs next to Liam on his double bed. We were both playing Cod Zombies and usually Liam would be more excited and talkative but since School he seems drained and doesn't really talk much. Even Mason had words with me about Liam's behaviour.

I sighed, running my hands through my hair, my eyes scanning Liam's face and body. His leg was jolting up and down indicating his nervousness. It was something he always does when he's scared or nervous, his bottom lip was also extended out and his eyes were a dull blue colour which seemed to have no life in them.

After being taken down in Zombies, Liam turned to look at me. His eyes scanning me before he opened his mouth to talk. "What?" He asked, in a slightly rude tone.

I placed my hand on Liam's thigh giving it a little squeeze. "What's wrong Liam?" I asked, my voice was full of concern and worry.

Liam jumped from his bed and lobbed his controller onto the floor, I flinched at the sound of contact afraid for some unknown reason. I knew Liam was never hurt me, so why was I scared. His expression softened at the look of me being frightened, he instantly sat back down and pulled me into an embrace.