Chapter One

Dominic

I woke up with my head pounding after last nights antics. The girl who had accompanied me to bed had disappeared without a trace, only a note on the bedside table remained. If memory served correctly, it would be a note thanking me for last night. I reached over and picked it up, smiling to myself filled with pride as my eyes glazed over the note. 

To Dom,

Thank you for last night, it was honestly amazing. Sorry I had to rush off, but I had work and you weren't waking up. Here's my number, call me. We should definitely do this again.

~ Bethany.

Aha Bethany, that's her name.

I scrunched up the note and threw it, aiming for the trash can across the room. "Fuck yeah!" I cheered as it landed directly inside.

Sitting up from my comfy position and removing the duvet revealed my naked body. Once my eyes had adjusted to the light I then made my way to the bathroom to freshen up. The water streamed from the shower head with force as I turned the dial. Then stepped in and allowed the scorching water drench my sore, beaten body. 

My thoughts travelled back to the events of last night and the memories of the source of my pain came flooding back. On my return home with Bethany, my latest conquest, I wanted to be adventurous and daring. So in my drunken state I decided I would attempt parkour. Stupidly I jumped from the street onto my rather expensive Aventador and then plummeted to the floor as I missed the garage roof.  

I smiled at the reckless actions my drunken self attempted and enjoyed the memories. What never helped was my cheerleaders Drew and Glen - my best friends - encouraging me to do damage to myself. They would never do anything I had done themselves in fear of getting hurt and damaging their polished faces, not that any of us did not own the money to fix it if we did. We were all loaded, with little to no shame.

Our dads had all different occupations and yet were the best of friends, as were we all too. Glenn's dad worked in real estate, mine in finance and Drews dad was a plastic surgeon - a famous one too. We all had money in our pockets as long as we agreed to attend the functions and make appearances, but they had to be good ones to make them look good. If they were bad, our money would usually be cut for a month or so and with no jobs underneath our belts, that was always a struggle we did not need. 

Glen has been a victim of this and had been caught in a collision caused by speeding. He had managed to write-off a 1.2 million dollar car, it was not the most intelligent thing he had ever done, nor was it worth it when Mr Gates cut him off for six months and only a few weeks before his twenty first birthday. Luckily I did not get into trouble to that degree. Admittedly sleeping around sometimes sparked rumours but nothing else. 

I stepped out the shower and wrapped a towel around my waist. My headache was partially gone, but I still swallowed two aspirin to have peace of mind it would go completely soon. As I made my way back to my room I heard someone knock on the door. Instead of getting dressed quickly I just answered it in my towel, figuring if they didn't like it they could just be on their way.

"Sup asshole." Glenn grinned smugly as I opened the door.

"How did you get past security?" I joked as I let him through.

"How did they not think you was committing murder up here last night is the question." He laughed as he plopped down on the couch, making himself at home as per usual. "Damn, that bitch could fucking scream!"

"Don't I know it, that explains why I woke up with a headache this morning." I groaned as I approached the fridge, scanning through empty shelves.