Chapter Twenty-Five

(2 months later)

Dominic's P.O.V

It was three days until Christmas, three days until Mercedes met my whole family and I have to admit I was scared. Scared for what they might say to her, what secrets they could tell. An worried in case she didn't like them, I didn't care if they didn't like her but I wanted her approval.

Right now I was Christmas shopping for her at the mall. I had around thirty presents waiting for her at home such as jewellery, clothes, underwear and other misalliance items but I wanted her to have more. My goal was to give her a Christmas all about her, which is what she deserved.

These past few months had been great between us, no arguments apart from petty ones, no breaking up, just love. She had moved in with me and our relationship grew from there, and she had convinced me to search for a nice house for us two. Because as much as she loved the penthouse, she said it was money being thrown down the drain. Whereas If i brought a house, that would be us sorted for life.

She did say to get a mortgage, because she wanted to pay some off too until I decided it would be brought out right. Which she wasn't too happy about.

"That'll be 4,937 dollars please." The women told me as I had cashed out more on clothes for her.

"Is card okay?" I smiled as she eyed me up.

She nodded her head and continued checking me out as I stood there. I was wearing a suit because it was after work, and a black coat that complimented the suit. My black hair was gelled to perfection and eyes wide as I had just drunk my fifth coffee of the day.

"Thank you." We both said as I took my card and the bags that lied on the counter.

She gave me a dreamy bye as I walked away not paying any interest towards her one bit. I had no time to, not just because Mercedes, but because I had approximately five hours to get all my shopping done and my suitcase packed, then drive up to my dads beach house in Cali.

We that's a lie, I wouldn't be driving. A town car would be driving us, but we'd still be enduring the same journey right?

My dad had decided we'd all stay up there for Christmas because we rarely did anymore. We used to have a massive Christmas with all my cousins, aunts and uncles invited but as years went on that had stopped.

This year I'd be spending Christmas with Mercedes family too as I had arranged for Katy to be driven down with Andy, so Mercedes wouldn't feel guilty. We had kept it from her that they were coming as Katy had said her goodbyes this morning, then lied to say she was working late.

An hour later and I had almost got everything I liked, but I couldn't help by feeling something was missing. I knew I had got my families presents, but I knew there was something missing.

As I walked past a jewellery store the missing present stood out to me. It shined in the window and I wanted to have it. A couple next to me stood there watching the same item and went to go inside to take a better look.

"I'll take it." I ran in and shouted, pointing to the diamond ring at the back of the store.

The couple had already asked to view it the women told me, but I wasn't taking that for an answer.

"I'll pay double the price." I declared and she nodded, fetching me the ring straight away.

I smirked at the guy who was obviously trying to impress his girlfriend, he knew he couldn't pay double as much as his girlfriend nagged him to. Then walked out of the store, giving me one last glare as he did.

"You sure you want to pay double?" The women asked as she presented me the diamond in-crusted ring.

It sparkled as the light reflected off it, showing all its beauty with every turn. The silver shining bright as a rock sat at the top of the ring accompanied by smaller ones that just made it look huge. Deep down I'd know she would love it.

"Yes, defiantly." I told her, mesmerised by the ring.

"Okay... well the original price was 12,900 dollars, so I guess 25,800 dollars please..." She replied, and was shocked as I pulled out my card with no hesitation.

I made sure the size would be a good fit, then payed the amount I had promise. She wrapped in up in a tiny bag that read Tiffany & co.

The ring was now in my hand as I took my card back from the machine.

"She's a lucky girl, getting an ring like that." She older women chuckled. "I wonder what the wedding one will be like."

"Huh? It's just a present." I replied, confused.

"Oh sweetie, if you give a girl a ring like that she'll be disappointed if it's just a present." She told me.

I walked out the shop confused and deep in thought as I made my way back to my car.

Engagement?

It had never crossed my mind before, not even once. But now as I thought about it, it was starting to become a good idea. A really good idea in fact. I had known I wanted to spend my life with her for ages, and I did love her. But was that enough to propose? Would she think it's all too soon?

To me it was becoming clearer as to what I was going to do, but I didn't know if I would get rejected or it would be the best risk I had ever taken. I guess I would just have to wait and see.

---------------

"Sadie hurry up! We gotta go!" I shouted to her as she re-did her hair for the tenth time.

"Yeah I know, but I want to make a good impression." She explained and I smiled as she walked out my room.

She was wearing the Christian louboutin's I had brought her as a random present. They were matched with a pair of blue jeans and a black sweater, matching the boots. Her hair was tied up in a messy bun and her make-up minimal.

Even though her outfit was simple, it still made me speechless as she walked towards me.

"I'm finished, what'd you think?" She smiled as she waited for an answer, gesturing to her outfit.

"Wow." Was all I could manage to get out as I walked towards her.

"Is that a good thing?" She giggled as I wrapped my arms around her.

I smiled against her lips, then pecked her lips. "You look stunning." I kissed her again. "Gorgeous." Another kiss. "Beautiful." I started a trail down her neck.

"As much as I would love that we have to go." She laughed underneath my touch.

"Oh, coming from the one that's taken over two hours to get ready but now we gotta go." I joked, even though it was the truth.

We laughed in sync as I grabbed the back that weren't in the car yet and gave her the keys to lock up. She switched off all the lights as we left and locked the door behind her.

As we arrived in the lobby someone helped me with our bags and tightly packed them into the boot of the town car. Mercedes and I entered the car, and got comfortable for the journey ahead. She brung a blanket, even though I told her the heating would be on and it would get too hot but she didn't listen as usual.

"You ready?" I smiled.

"As ready as I can be." She smiled sheepishly. "Let me just text Katy."

She texted her sister as did I, mine telling her to get the car to leave whilst Mercedes was a 'I'll see you soon'. Little did she know that she really would, and I was hoping she'd like all the other little surprises I had in store too.