Chapter Thirty

Dominic's P.O.V

We both had showers and cleaned up after our amazing morning. The bed was made when I returned from mine and Mercedes stood there in a strapless black bra and matching panties, she looked utterly desirable. She wiggled her arse into some light blue jeans and paired them with a red top. Her black hair flowing down her back in tight curls and she shook them to add more volume.

"Hey georgous." I said and wrapped my arms around her. She looked up at me with those hypnotic blue eyes that shone so bright. "You ready for Christmas?" I asked her and she nods.

"Are you?" She wonders as she turns her body round to face me.

"I thought you could spend the day with your sister, I have to head out to get a few things." I tell her and she looked disappointed. "I'll be back in no time." I assured her and she agreed reluctantly.

She left the room after persisting I stay which I had to tell her no. I threw on a nike jumper and a pair of tracksuit bottoms to match, not my usually attire but its so cold outside I feel like I need them. I put on a black parker coat over the top before grabbing my wallet and headed downstairs to the door.

I noticed she was no where in sight which I was thankful for as Katie knew my plan. She knew tonight was going to be a special night for us.. well for me. I had planned to do it on christmas but now I decided to bring it forward.

I had borrowed my dads jeep as it was bigger than my sports car, it would fit more it in and less to be squashed. As I drove love songs played the whole way lighting my mood more than it already was. I was happy with her, truly happy.

Truly happy, I thought.

I arrived at the florist promptly. My thoughts ran wild as I opened the door wondering if she'll like the surprise. If she doesn't its just a waste of time and money, well not really. She's worth the rejection. The florist beamed with excitement as she couldn't wait to show me the flower wall she had been working on, walking me to the back of the store and entering a room filled with roses.

"It's beautiful." I told her with my excitement growing inside me. The crimson coloured flowers lit up the room, as the gems placed between them sparkled each time they caught the light. five hundred roses, all fully bloomed, perfectly made for my proposal.

"Do you want us to start putting them in the van?" She asked and I nodded. "What time would you like us to get there for?"

"Around three o'clock would be great." I answered and she began loading them with her team.

I thanked her as I left and continued to call Katie. She answered within the third ring and confirmed Mercedes wasn't in the house so I was free to dress it up to my standard. I smiled when she claimed Mercedes was mad at me for leaving without much of a reason. For some reason I had expected this due to her reaction to me disapearing this morning.

Once I reached the shop which held my ring my excitement grew. I had already got it custom made and it really burned a hole in my wallet, so I was hoping it was more than worth it. Every diamond selected by me personally to add my personal touch to it, with our initials engraved on the inside.

"Hello, I'm here to pick up a ring." I told the lady at the counter.

"You must be Mr Foster." She grinned, "Would you like to take a look at it before you complete your purchase?"

I nodded and she brought me to the safe it had been kept in. Placing her black gloves on, she then presented it to me with all its beauty. The diamonds gleaming and the whole ring encrusted with my expensive taste. I couldn't hide my joy as I happily paid the rest of the expenses and went on my way, the anticipation built within me.

I couldn't wait much longer..

(Five o'clock)

My heart raced, faster and faster as my palms grew sweaty. No matter how much deodorant I had put on nothing could mask my excitement mixed with fear. I was anxious, nauseated but also the happiest I could be at this time. She would be arriving home any minute and I would have to be ready. Many times today I had practised it in many different forms, like I was rehearsing for a movie. I for one, was nowhere ready for my role call. At least with a movie when rehearsing, you know how it ends.. It was the unknowing that was terrified me.

The garden was decorated with candles and roses, so perfectly placed just how I wanted them. Every one of them positioned correctly as the flower wall stood tall behind me, creating the mood. The red carpet that had been laid on the paving slabs with beams of light directing the way to me. It began to deepen in colour with each snowflake that fell, luckily the candles were protected by the freshly painted wooden gazebo.

There was so many candles, lights and sparkles everywhere it resembled a beacon. The way the white wood made the roses look so fresh and popped the colour. I had decorated the trees with fairy lights and the fountains created the calming sound of waves. Champagne waiting on ice for our celebration with two personalised glasses pre-polished. I wished I had; had a drink beforehand to calm my nerves, but had decided against it just in case I went over the top.

Whiskey would be perfect right now, I thought.

I waited with anticipation as I heard voices approaching me, there was only one that jolted me up from my seat in excitement. The heavenly sound of her confused laugh as I heard Katie direct her to where I was.

You'll be fine, I told myself.

I cleared my throat and wiped the sweat off my clammy palms on my suit pants. Then.. I lifted my head to see her wondering down the carpet, her eyes staying in contact with mine. The connection deepened as the music started to play. She said no words, but her eyes said everything and a smile appeared on my face. Her face read surprise whilst i'm sure mine read an anxious look.

My family and hers glued their gaze to us as they watched her approach me. Smiles on etched on everyone's faces as they watched me and her get closer. She looked beautiful.. simply amazing. Her hair tied up in a messy bun and a simple attire, a hooded jumper and jeans. This all lead me to believe Katie had not let off any clues at all as I had asked her not to.

"What is all this?" She asked with a confused expression.

I got on one knee and with one deep breath.. I began my rehearsed proposal.

"This is all for you, because I want to prove how much you mean to me. How special you really are to me... I know we haven't been dating for long but I know that I want to spend the rest of my life with you... I know you're the one for me." I smiled. "You're the most beautiful women I have ever met.. The one that had managed to bring out every shitty emotion inside of me." I laughed and she looked somewhat worried, but I ignored it. "So Mercedes Jackson, what I am trying to say is.. will you marry me?"

A smile left my lips as a tears left her eyes.. I could tell they wasn't tears of joy but I did not want to question it. She cupped my right cheek with her and then stared into my eyes. Blue eyes bored into mine the switched back to my symbol of love encased in a tiny black box.

"So?" My voice breaking as a tear fell from my eye.

"I'm so sorry Dominic." She cried, wiping her tears with her sleeves.

"Sorry for what?" I spoke with disbelieve clear in my voice.

"I can't do this. I'm sorry." She shook her head, running off into the house. My heart ached as I ran after her, dropping the ring in the process.. leaving it to be buried by the snow. I called her name constantly until she was gone.. the door slamming behind her and whispers following me as I stood there...

Tears streaming down my face staining my cheeks... My ears focused on the sound of a car engine then slowly disappearing.

"She just left.." I whispered..

She left me..