Chapter Sixteen

Dominic's P.O.V

My eyes fluttered open as the brightness of the sun hit them. I groaned as I got up from my back aching from the hard concrete. As I opened my eyes I saw the sun rise over Brooklyn and it looked beautiful. The sky lighting to a soft baby blue, with fluffy clouds covering it. The light taking over the city, shining down in the darkest of places in the big city.

I smiled and pulled my knee's up to my chest ignoring the dirt that had made its way into the seams of my jeans. My shirt was un-buttoned so I could feel the breeze lightly on my chest and it was nice. As I turned my head to the side I realised I was still alone up on this roof. I hoped just maybe, just maybe she would've came and joined me.  She would've got mad and came up here to calm down, but she didn't.

"I love you." I whispered, knowing I was the only one up here. "I love you but I'm to scared to say it."

I panicked and stood up as I heard something moving behind me. Then realised how much of an idiot I looked when I saw a lone plastic bottle, just rolling across the roof minding its own business. I sighed and walked over to pick it up. Once I had it in my hands I walked to the edge of the roof and aimed for the one across, throwing it high and letting the wind move it across.

It felt peaceful watching it just fly in the wind with no care. It looked so free, unlike how I felt at the moment. I felt trapped within my past, with what happened with Angela. Before her I was fine, happy in fact. My feelings could be shown and I would happily cry. But now.. It was all different. The only emotions I usually felt was anger and sexual pleasure, nothing else. No happiness, sadness, excitement, nothing.

She had made me emotionless and I let her. But when I was with Mercedes, I began to feel like before my life got ruined. She made me laugh, cry, smile and I mean really smile. Not the sort of smile I put on my face to make my friends happy, I mean the smile that can only be triggered by that special someone. My heart was no longer warmed, instead cold. The emotionless me was back and I had grown to prefer it. Last night was just a moment of weakness, it'll never happen again.

I buttoned up my shirt as I descended down the stairs, figuring out in my head what to do with my life. She was right about me getting a job, I can't keep sponging off my father anymore.

I'll have to do some job hunting, I thought.

I dialed my fathers number and he didn't pick up the first time, but the second time he did.

"Dominic? Why're you up so early?" He asked.

I looked at the time to see it read 6:30am, and realised it was too early to be calling.

"Sorry, I didn't realise it was this early. Should I call back later?" I apologised.

"No it's fine, I'm at the office." He told me. "What's wrong?"

"Nothing wrong, I was just thinking I should really get a job..." I trailed off.

"That's great." He said and I could tell he was pleased. "How about you come by the office and you can work for me."

"Sure, that sounds good." I smiled. "I'm just going to go home and get changed first, then I'll be there."

We said our goodbyes and hung up the call. I hailed a taxi as I reached the street and told him the address. He drove off straight away, down the street as I counted the money in my wallet to get it before he dropped me off.

This should be fun.

---------

I arrived at my dads office all suited up. I had picked my best suit just for the occasion, seeing as even though he was my dad, I knew I had to impress him. I wore a plain black suit, with a white shirt and a black tie to match. All branded with Armani.