Chapter Eighteen

Dominic's P.O.V

(The next night)

I buttoned up my shirt as my mother and aunt were getting dressed in the next room. I hadn't realised last night that she'd also be there with my mom, over-wise I would've drove a different car with the amount of luggage they had.

I felt more than guilty about leaving last night when I heard she wanted to stay up here. It was obvious she was disappointed, I could see it, even though she would never admit it. Just like her, I didn't want to leave either. I wouldn't have if I hadn't promised my mom I would pick her up.

That was my first interaction with Mercedes in three months and I didn't want it to end. Everything I felt before all came back as soon as I had her in my arms. The need to hold her took over me as I saw her sitting there, staring at the city in amazement as she took in the beauty of it all. She looked irresistible under the moonlight, her face glowing and her eyes shining as the blue was more pigmented than I had ever seen before. It was a date that I never wanted to see end, also one that I would re-do over a thousand times just to see her smile as she held the rose.

"Dominic!" My mom called, snapping me from my thoughts about Sadie.

"Yes?" I answered, then done up my tie.

"C'mon, we're going to be late!" She yelled and I huffed.

As I walked out of my room and into the main area, I saw her and my aunt dressed to impress. They were dressed purely elegant, looking like queens themselves to me. I turned my head to my mothers boyfriend and saw he had on a tux to match mine, but no way looked near enough as classy as the women he was escorting.

"You two look beautiful." I complimented them as they sorted out the straps on their heels.

"And you look handsome as always." They both replied with smiles.

I took no interest as she complimented her date because if I was honest, I didn't like him already and I had only met him less than twenty-four hours ago. It was obvious he was trying his hardest to impress me, but whilst he was doing that he was making himself seem like he needed approval and I couldn't stand people like that. The way to impress me was to just be yourself, and if I like it then I like it, it was that simple.

Once we was all prepared to leave we went down to the lobby and outside to the town car waiting. The driver already knew where we was headed and left when he knew we were settled in.

"I hate these family gatherings." My mom spoke. 

"You'll be fine. I mean, Atleast you don't have to talk to dad and his wife." I replied, naming the positives.

"I still have to see her." She pointed out.

"I guess." I shrugged. "But we're also legal to drink."

We all laughed at the thought of drinking and I knew atleast one of us would show my dad up.

The car pulled up outside the function, the good part about this gathering was it was only family. The bad part was Amanda's would also be there. I didn't mind her family attending, I just minded her there. I knew it would just take one slip up for her to throw a dig towards my mother, no doubt she would tonight.

We stepped out of the car and my aunt linked my arm as I escorted her in. Whilst my mum held onto her boyfriends, which kind of irritated me.

Once we reached inside almost everyone was here already. They were drinking, dancing and socialising with one another. As soon as my little cousins noticed me around six of them ran up and cuddled my legs, resulting in my aunt unhooking her arm from me and laughing.