Chapter Fifthteen

Dominic's P.O.V

I watched the guy from the café that day walk up the stairs and into her apartment with her. I stood there for around forty minutes, hoping he would go. But he never left the building. She was as quick to move on as I was to drown my sorrows with alcohol.

I needed to see her, just for a second. Just so I could hear her voice and go hope to sleep in peace. I needed to know what they was doing in there. Had she let him bed her already? Or was it innocent? 

I walked to the steps up into the building and to her front door. I stood there for a minute, waiting. Even though I didn't know what I was waiting for. My hand hovered by the door and I was about to knock until I heard laughing.

I pressed myself up against the door silently and eavesdropped as they continued to talk. They were joking and laughing about something that I had missed. I left out a sigh of relief as it was confirmed they weren't in bed together.

Maybe they've already fucked, I thought.

They haven't, I told myself.

"What're you doing?" A girl said and I jumped out of my skin, away from the door.

I turned to see Katy, Sadie's sister and looked guilty as anything. She stood there with a guy and hand on her hip.

"Hey, I recognise you." The guy said.

I looked at him properly and realisation hit me. "You're the guy from the bar." We said at the same time.

"Sadie was the girl?" He asked. "Cause it better not have been Katy."

"No, no. She's all yours." I laughed. "Yeah.. It was Sadie."

"Let me just go get her." Katy smiled.

"No, no!" I panicked, but quietly so they couldn't hear inside. "She's um.. With someone. I don't want to intrude."

"So you was too late.." Her boyfriend said, with an apologetic look.

"I guess." I shrugged, as Katy gave me the same one. "I'm just going to go. Sorry about being outside your door, it must've been a shock.. Goodnight."

I rushed out the door in a hurry, and speed walked down the street. I wondered what the hell I was thinking by doing that. To them I must've seemed like a stalker, which is what I felt like.

Stupid, stupid, so fucking stupid.

"Wait!" She shouted behind me.

I turned to see Katy and she was running up to me with her boyfriend not in sight. I sighed and waited for her at the street corner.

"Look, I'm not going to interrupt them." I told her as she finally reached me.

"I'm not asking you to. I literally haven't said anything yet." She pointed out and I nodded. "Look, are you serious about my sister?"

"I can't answer that." I answered honestly.

"Why not?" She questioned, looking disappointed already.

"Because I haven't been serious with someone in a long time to know how to be." I sighed. "Look, not knowing if I'm serious doesn't mean I'm going to mess her around. Your sister is a truly amazing girl and any guy would be lucky to have her. I'm not going to promise you I'd make her the happiest girl in the world, but I would try my hardest to never hurt her. It's to late now anyway."

"No it isn't." She disagreed.

"Yes it is! Why would she want a guy like me when she has Mr working man in there. She wants a man, not a boy. She does not deserve someone that will make endless mistakes over and over again. She needs someone like him, someone that can take care of her emotionally. I could only do the financial side and even then she moans if I pay." I argued back.