Chapter Twenty-Two

Mercedes P.O.V

I walked out of the lobby of the hotel to try and hail a cab. The employees offered to call me one, but I declined their offer.

As I walked outside I knew I'd have to walk a couple blocks to actually find a taxi, seeing as all the was around was town cars. I wiped the tears from my eyes and carried on walking until my arm got pulled.

"Hey.." The girl said.

"What?" I replied bluntly.

"Can we talk?" She asked.

I looked at the girl who look near enough exactly like me, except her face shape and fake hair. She smiled sweetly, but I knew it was all just an act. Deep down I wanted to hear what she had to say, but I also wanted to hit her for the state Dominic was now in.

"Look, I know I'm probably the last person you want to speak to right now but-"

"Let's get a coffee." I cut her off.

She looked shocked, but smiled back at me.

This better be worth it, I thought.

----------------

We had ordered our drinks at my usual café and was now seated in a table over the far corner. She still had yet to tell me what she wanted to talk about, even though I felt like it would be a waste of time.

"What did you want to talk about?" I asked.

"How long have you two been seeing each other?" She questioned, ignoring what I had said.

"Around 5 months." I half-lied.

It would've been around that if me and him didn't stop speaking.

"So he's pretty serious about you then.." She replied, disappointment clear in her face.

"Yeah, I guess." I shrugged and took a sip of my coffee.

It was awkward, more than awkward as an un-bearable silence took over the room. She stared at me whilst I kept my eyes trained on my drink, not daring to move them until she spoke.

"I'm not here to cause tension between you guys." She said. "I'm just here because that's what his father wanted."

"Why would his father want that?" I asked, confused.

"Because he wants Dominic to be in contact with his daughter an-"

"What?" I gasped, cutting her off. "I don't want to hear this."

I got up from my seat and left my full cup on the table. In reality I wanted to hear more and see what she was talking about. But right now, I just wanted to go to my safe place and think about this for a while.

She followed me as I pushed the door that lead to the street and stormed down it.

"Wait!" She called.

"What!" I yelled back, just as surprised as she was that I replied.

She stood there shocked as I glared her way with anger building up inside me. I didn't know this women, yet I wanted to know everything about him from her.

Did he have a daughter? Or was this just a game she liked to play?

Is this what he meant by her feeling me lies?

"I thought he told you." She replied.

"Well I guess he fucking didn't." I glared as she walked towards me.

She said nothing, but her face told me she thought she had won.

My phone buzzed in my pocket and I pulled it out to see Dominic's name showed on the screen.