Final Chapter

"Hey, Astral!", Yuma stormed into his room with a big smile on his lips. His ghost boyfriend was sitting on his bed, looking like he would think about some things. The moment he heard Yuma entering the room brought him out of his thoughts.

"Yes?", he simply replied back and looked at the human.

"I want you to come with me to the park today! Y'know to spend some time together! 'Cause I really think that both of us need to rest, sooo...", Yuma played a bit with his fingers, hoping that Astral would want to come with him. Wich he did.

"Sure. Could be fun..", he replied and smiled at the human. Yuma's smile widdened.

"Perfect!", Yuma than grabbed Astral's arm and went with him outside. It was a really beautiful day, flowers were blooming, birds were chirping..and it seemed like everyone was having a good time. There were kids playing outside and some love couples chatting and kissing. That kinda gave Astral a little feeling of jealousy, he wanted to have a little lovely time with the human, too. Lately, his hormones have been going nuts anyway so he kinda needed it too.

"We're here!", Yuma suddenly announced, dragging Astral out of his thoughts. He looked a bit around and smiled at Yuma, sitting down with him on a bench right under a blossom tree.

"Soo...what are we doing now?", asked Astral and moved a bit closer to Yuma so their knees were touching. Yuma smiled.

"Just enjoying the peace".

...

They staid silent for a bit. Astral let out a sigh, he doesn't really like to just stay in complete silence while Yuma is there. Was there even a real point to this?

"U-uhm...Yuma...?", Astral decided to break the silence. Yuma looked up at him and saw the uneasy look in his boyfriend's eyes.

"Yeah okay. Maybe just enjoying the peace isn't all that enjoying". Yuma flashed a grin to his partner.

"I just wanted to spend time with you. And-" Yuma started playing with his fingers as he spoke "-maybe ask you a few things"

"Ask me a few things?", Astral repeated with a confused tone. Yuma noded and sighed.

"Do you love me?", he asked with a small blush on his cheeks. Astral simply noded as an reply. Yuma continued.

"Will you always love me?"

"Of course. I dont know why I shouldn't"

"Would you like to spend the rest of your eternal life with me?"

"Uhm...yeah", Astral was getting more confused by second. Was Yuma doubting their realationship? Just the thought of that made Astral afraid.
Yuma stopped asking now. He simply had a smile on his face and looked at the beautiful view in front of them.

"Astral...remember the day when we first met?". Yuma looked at Astral with a grin. Astral chuckled slightly.

"How could I ever forget that day, Toma?", the ghost joked and Yuma elbowed him playfully. 

"Don't start with that again!". Yuma pouted at Astral with flushed cheeks at wich Astral giggled again. Yuma than smiled.

"Why do you ask me, anyway?"

"Ah...it's just...I donno I was...just thinking about a few things recently and...nah, I think those are just my hormones freaking out", Yuma now joked and faked a laugh, but Astral looked through it. He raised a eyebrow at Yuma.

"Yuma? Is...something bothering you?". And there he hit the bull's eye. Yuma's smile faded away and was replaced by a frown.

"I guess", he simply replied and started playing with his fingers. Astral sighed softly.

"You can tell me everything, y'know?"

"Yeah, yeah...", Yuma took a deep breath.

"Have you...ever thought about marriage?", he asked. Astral got a bit taken a back by that question. Yuma quickly noticed and continued.

"I-I was just thinking about our future and than that stupid thing popped up in my head! I-it's not like I'd force you or that I want to-- I-it's mean if course I'd want to if you would want but y'know that wou-!", Yuma got cut off by Astral kissing him. Yuma tensed up a bit at first but soon relaxed into the kiss.

"It's fine", the ghost said sweetly.

"We can talk about that stuff when you are a bit older, Toma", Astral grinned slightly and Yuma sighed.

"Yeah sure, baka".

Than, a long silence hung between the couple. Astral was simply leaning onto Yuma's shoulder and watched the view together with him.

Everything was perfect. They had the perfect love life. Everything they went through formed them to what they are today. Some might call this a weird couple. But think again: Does species and looking really matter? All that matters is the time they spend and the feelings they have for each other. Such a couple as these two is just perfect.

"Yuma-kun"

"Hm?"

"I'd marry you too"

~The End~