Rejection and Rogues - Chapter 34: Losing An Enemy

Sorry for the long wait! I've been on holiday for a week and I just haven't found the time to write this. I also don't want to rush it. You see, I'm just itching to start my other story already, which is why when I'm in the mood for writing the other story, I stop myself from updating this one. If I did, it would be really short and lacking the detail I need. It may sound complicated, but... ENJOY! Votes and comments will be greatly appreciated.

NOT EDITED!

Rejection and Rogues - Chapter 34: Losing an enemy

Violet's P.O.V.

"She told you that?"

I bit my lip, not believing my ears. What did I ever do to deserve the hate that Karmen harboured for me? Sure, I knew that she didn’t like me and preferred to stay away, but I didn’t know that she wanted me gone permanently.

Dante cleared his throat, gaining back my attention. I lifted my head and looked at him. He took his glasses off and hung them from his shirt.

“Yeah. She sounded pretty serious; bordering on maniacal.” He said, taking a seat on the couch by the fireplace.

Ace made a noise from the corner. He lifted an eyebrow and walked over to me.

“That chick is pretty messed up. I mean, who would call an all out war for such a silly matter? She is a sore loser, that’s what she is. She can’t handle losing a guy to an amazing woman like you.” He said, looking away at the end of his sentence. Something flashed in his eyes, but I ignored it as something to do with the room’s lighting.

“Yeah.” I agreed, not really paying much attention to what he said. I was too busy trying to digest the fact that Karmen was pure evil. All she had to do was wait for her own mate and then she’d see that the attraction wasn’t something easily ignored. But no, she decided on acting impulsively. A part of me felt sorry for her. She gave in to her dark side; she wasn’t strong enough to get over it and move on.

A hand waved in front of my face and I jumped back. Ace had an amused smile on his face.

“You okay there?” He asked.

I nodded, “Yes. I’m just processing...everything.”

Dante piped up from the sofa, “If I were you, I’d start preparing. We don’t know when she is planning on attacking. I’ll try and find out as soon as possible, though.”

He was right. I should probably warn the pack. Karmen’s plan was to surprise attack us. She wanted to get rid of Axel’s pack and Blake’s too. Axel’s for bringing me back and Blake’s for turning on her. Well, I don’t see how he turned on her. She deserved it; she lied to him. Dante had said that she had managed to get a hold of some information that lead her to my mother’s old pack. I had never come across them as I had always been in this pack, but from what I had heard about the Moon’s, they weren’t exactly friendly.

I crossed my arms, watching Blake and Axel round up the pack members. All men and women over the age of sixteen were ordered to train. The younger members would be placed in the safe house.

Axel was in charge of hand-to-hand combat and Blake was in charge of teaching the members the best tactics to use in wolf form. I was currently in line, along with the other females. They looked worried; some even slightly panicked. Fiddling with the hem of my tank top, I kept my eyes down.

“What’s this all about?”

My head snapped up and my eyes met hard blue ones. Mackenzie stood in front of me with her hands on her hips. She had an eyebrow lifted and was waiting for an answer.