Rejection and Rogues - Chapter 9: Axel's Story

Violet's P.O.V:

"Bite me!" Snapped Les, placing her hands on her hips and blowing her fringe out of her eyes.

"Don't tempt me!" Retorted Dante, balling his hands into fists.

Smiling, I ignored their constant bickering and returned my attention to Ken. Her blonde hair was pulled into a loose bun and her blue eyes were filled with annoyance.

"Will they ever shut up?" She growled under her breath as she placed a large blob of red nail polish on to her big toe.

Shrugging, I placed my arms on my knees and rested my head on them. It's been three years since I moved to this pack and I considered them a new family. I'll admit, it hurt me that my old pack didn't even try to bring me back, but there's nothing I can do about that. Although, I suppose the reason why they didn't is that the Hunter pack moves a lot in search for more lone wolves. Our numbers had grown a bit over the last few years; from sixty to one hundred and twenty. It surprised me how we doubled so quickly.

"What're you thinking about?" Asked Jesse, plopping himself down on the couch next to me and lazily slinging an arm over the back of the couch.

"Nothing," I said, fiddling with my fingers.

Jesse opened his mouth to say something, but a familiar voice from the doorway cut him off.

"Violet."

I faced the person at the doorway and grinned, "Hello Axel. You come to join us again or what?"

The guys greeted him then went back to their video game. Les waved her hand, but otherwise continued to glare at Dante. 

"You come to take Viola away from us again?" Smirked Ken, blowing on her nails.

"Yeah, sorry about that." Said Axel, rubbing the back of his neck.

"S'okay, I'm coming," I said, getting up and stretching. My joints made faint popping sounds as I did so. Jesse winced at the sounds my body parts made and covered his ears.

Grinning, I bent down and placed my hand in front of his face. Everyone watched as I waited for Jesse to open his eyes. As soon as he took his hands off his ears and his grey eyes came into view, I cracked my knuckles. Jesse jumped back, making the whole room erupt into laughter.

He pouted and crossed his arms, "That was mean Olette."

Now might be the time to mention that I have a few nicknames; Vi, Viola and Olette.

"I'm sorry," I said, softly placing my hands on either side of his face. Jesse looked up at me through his lashes. Quickly, I squished his face making him look like a baby. His jaw fell open as a look of disbelief crossed his face. Giggling, I gave him a hug and made my way over to Axel by the door.

"Hi!" I chirped, grabbing his warm hand.

"Hey,"  he replied, smiling down at me.

"Vi, I thought that you were my fake girlfriend!" Called Ace from behind us. His comment was followed by a few snickers.

I stuck my tongue out at his grinning face and hauled Axel out of the room. Blushing, I dragged us to the Alpha's office.

"So, tell me what's up Mr Alpha!" I exclaimed, setting us down on the black couch.

Blowing out a breath, Axel leaned his head back onto the back of the couch. I waited patiently, knowing that he would tell me when he's ready. It's always been like this. He comes to me when he wants to talk and I listen and give him advice. I knew almost all of Axel's secrets and am probably the closest friend he has.