Rejection and Rogues - Chapter 37: The Moons

Hi. *waves* Here is the next chapter. :) Please vote and perhaps comment? It really does help motivate me. I'm not just trying to gain more votes because I have more important things in life to worry about - although the votes thing is still on my list :P. Anyway, enjoy and tell me what you think. ;)

ENJOY!

THIS HAS NOT BEEN EDITED!

Rejection and Rogues - Chapter 37: The Moons

Violet's P.O.V.

"What did you do to her?" Blake yelled, glaring daggers at Brianna. Her eyebrows lifted and she raised her hands.

"I didn't do anything." She defended herself, watching me gain my breath back.

I was sat on the couch with Blake's arm around my shoulders, his sent wrapping around me and calming me. Breathing deeply, I buried my head in my hands. This couldn't be happening; the incident between my parents and their packs happened so many years ago. Why do they have to get revenge by hurting me? Why did they even have to to get revenge in the first place?

Blake and Brianna continued to argue and it was making my head pound.

"Can you two be quiet please?" I asked, wrapping my hand around Blake's wrist and tugging. His head turned and he frowned.

"Violet, can you tell me what's going on?" He questioned, eyebrows furrowing.

I sighed and told Brianna to tell him what she told me. She did as requested and by the end of the explanation, his jaw was set and I could practically feel the anger rolling off of him in waves. I cautiously placed a hand on his arm. The muscles under my touch were flexed and I squeezed ever so gently.

"Blake, I don't know what to do." I muttered.

His eyes found mine and they were filled with determination, "well, I do."

He abruptly stood up and began pacing.

"I'm going to train my pack and we're going to fight." He said, coming to a halt and locking eyes with me. His irises were a swirl of gold and black and I shot up, standing in front of him.

"You can't!" I exclaimed, "Blake, this is my battle. You can't put my safety before the pack's."

His large hands came and grabbed my shoulders, "Violet, you're my mate!"

I went to correct him, but he shook his head.

"I don't care that you're with Axel. You're still my mate and to me, you always will be. God, do you know how much it hurts to know that you're so close yet I can't hold you? To know that there will always be someone in your heart before me?" His face fell, "Violet, my heart is breaking every day, over and over again, but I can deal with that. You wanna know why? Because, one way or another, I get to see your smiling face, the sparkle in your eyes, your dimples..."

He trailed his thumb across my cheek, "your blush."

I wanted to ease him, to make the pain go away, but I couldn't. I was being selfish and I hated it.

His eyes once again found mine and he looked so vulnerable, "If I were to lose you again, I don't know what I'd do. I'd die for you, Violet. If it meant that you could continue your life happily with Axel and without any guilt, I'd do it. In a heartbeat." 

Tears threatened to spill from my eyes and I held back a sob. The image of Blake's limp body entered my head and it pushed me over the edge. Sobbing, I threw myself at him and cried into his shoulder. His arms went around me and he buried his head in my hair. By now, Brianna had left the room and I was greatful. It would have been awkward if she were to watch me act like a blubbering fool.