Rejection and Rogues - Chapter 22: Talk To Me

Authors note:

Sorry for the long wait...Okay, here is chapter 22! I think my story may end soon, but I'm not sure. I have the plot finished-ish. Still procrastinating about the ending. If you have any ideas, please feel free to mention them. Anyways... ENJOY!

THIS HAS NOT BEEN EDITED!

Violet's P.O.V.

I winced as Ace squeezed my hand harder. He gulped and moved closer to me.

"Would you calm down?" I asked, frowning at his stiff posture. His eyes flitted to me for a second. Fear enveloped his features.

"I can't!" He exclaimed, looking around.

Sighing, I continued to walk down the dark hallway. All the lights were off as it was one in the morning. I pointedly looked at the flashlight that Ace held in his left hand.

"Why do you need that? We can see perfectly well in the dark." I said, trying to snatch it from him.

"Don't," he started, "Don't touch the only source of light we have."

I stared at him blankly before taking hold of the curtain on the wall next to me and pulling it to the side. A stream of light shone through the gap inbetween the two pieces of fabric. A shadow cast upon Ace's unhappy face. He frowned and pulled the curtains to the side fully.

"You could have told me that there were windows along the walls." He mumbled, huffing.

Chuckling, I took his flashlight and turned it off. Now, the only light we had was the light coming from the moon outside.

"It's incredible," I murmured, mesmerised by the full moon. Even though werewolves have no real connection to the moon, I couldn't help but be amazed by its beauty.

"I knew we should've watched the comedy instead of that stupid horror." Sulked Ace, pouting.

Rolling my eyes, I slapped him upside the head and began to walk in the direction of the stairs. I could hear him grumbling behind me and chuckled. After a few minutes of silently walking, we came across a dark intersection. Now, should we go to the left, to the right or straight ahead? Tapping my chin, I contemplated which way was quicker.

"Hurry up! This place is giving me the eeby jeebies." Shivered Ace, bumping shoulders with me. Shaking my head in amusement, I decided to go straight ahead.

"Hey wait!" Called Ace, grabbing my arm. Sighing, I stopped and looked at him.

"Calm down." I ordered, "Ace, you're a guy. You're a werewolf for goodness sake! It was just a silly movie. Now, c'mon! Man up."

I held him still by his shoulders and stared straight into his grey eyes. He was quiet for a minute, just looking at me.

Just before I could turn around, he pouted, "You're mean."

My eyes widened as I stared him incredulously.

"Wha-wou.." I was at loss for words. He grinned cheekily.

"You're so immature." I said, leaving him snickering to himself. His snickering got louder as he caught up with me.

"Pup." I muttered, smiling.

"It's just a set of stairs!" I groaned, trying to pull free from Ace's vice like grip.

"B-but in the movie, the killer waited behind a plant on the landing!" He stuttered, burying his head in the crook of my neck.