Rejection and Rogues - Chapter 8: Different

Violett's POV:

"Give me your best shot," Ordered Brett, standing in front of me.

I grimaced, "No."

"C'mon! You've only been training with me for what? Eight months? You can't have improved that much." He teased, grinning.

Sighing, I pulled my fist back and punched his jaw. My hand shot out so fast that to human eyes it would look like a blur. There was a crack and Brett fell to ground, groaning.

"Oh sweet Moses! Are you okay?" I asked, rushing to his side.

Brett's agony filled frown morphed into a cheeky grin.

"Gotcha!" He exclaimed, jumping up and laughing, "I'm not a third in command for no reason!"

Blushing, I slapped his harm and turned away.

"What did you do to my girl?" Smiled Ace, slinging an arm over my shoulder and bringing me to his side.

"Nothing," I murmured, looking down.

"Yeah Ace! I'm just being a good teacher! Now, go. Miss Wolffe, I'd like you to pair up with Dante and practice the new moves I taught you."

Nodding to Brett and waving at Ace, I made my way to Dante.

Dante was currently in a headlock. His blonde hair sticking to his forehead from all of the sweat. I have to say, Dante had gotten better looking over the last couple of months. He had gained weight and built up muscle. Now, his height could be used as an advantage because if you're tall and muscly then fighting against a short skinny kid would be easy. His amber eyes met my green ones and I smiled. The guy who had Dante in a headlock let go of him and walked away.

"Some partner you got there," I commented, grinning.

Sighing, Dante rubbed his neck. There were red hand marks covering it.

"Yeah. Nyx can get pretty rough." He explained, moving his head side to side.

"So, I gotta practice with you now." I said, getting into a fighting stance; feet at shoulder's width apart and arms in front.

"Come at me, pretty boy," I teased, circling him.

Dante's head whipped round, following my every move. Suddenly, he launched into the air and brought me to the ground. He straddled me and held my wrists above my head. I tried to buck him off me, but he had me pinned down pretty good. Dante smirked and just watched me struggle.

Then, an idea popped into my head.

"Dante, you're hurting me," I whimpered, tearing up.

His features softened for a split second before he shook his head.

"Nope. I'm not falling for that one again," He announced, grinning triumphantly.

Huffing, I looked around. There a few people in my position; others fighting and some even chatting.

"Having some trouble?" Laughed Brett, approaching Dante and myself.

"No," I answered, wriggling, "I'm perfectly fine."

"Suit yourself." He said and walked away.

I sighed in annoyance and looked at Dante, who looked amused.

"Could you get off?" I asked.

"Nah. I'm comfortable where I am." He grinned, showing off his pearly whites and sharpened canines.